Retail Sales Assistant
- Make a difference in a purpose-led organisation
- Development opportunities to grow your retail career
- Competitive hourly rate plus generous salary packaging benefits
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission it is to shape a more just and compassionate society. The Society recognises the value of an inclusive work environment and believes that our diversity is a strength in the work we do with our local communities.
Your new role:
An enthusiastic casual Retail Sales Assistant is needed at Vinnies Paddington. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys working in a shop full of quality fashion, vintage and other collectible treasures, which Vinnies is known for! You will work with supportive team members who are committed to providing their customers with the best shopping experience.
The Retail Sales Assistant will:
- Provide excellent customer service
- Ensure compliance with Vinnies policies and procedures
- Replenish stock on the sales floor
- Use your creative flair in assisting with visual merchandising
- Sort and price items according to Vinnies pricing guidelines
- Contribute to achieving sales targets of the store.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Flexibility and availability during weekends and peak times (e.g. Christmas)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Energetic drive to support the team in achieving sales targets
- Understanding of fashion and trends .
If this sounds like you, don't wait to apply - we are interviewing suitable applications as we receive them and move quickly to fill this role.
Please attach your Resume. Click here for a copy of the Position Description.
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.
St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment.