Paediatric Speech Pathologist
- Permanent, full-time
- Based in Coorparoo
- Base Salary + Superannuation = $93,334 + Salary Packaging
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose?
If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
About the role
- To provide appropriate and effective speech pathology programs for clients and their families who receive a service from Vision Australia;
- To write appropriate and effective goals for individuals and groups based on family centred practice;
- As required, act as the Primary Service Provider to coordinate the provision of services internally to clients and families and to liaise with external service providers to achieve desired outcomes for clients;
- Identify, develop and review information and resources; promote and represent Vision Australia regarding speech pathology issues in relevant forums; develop and maintain internal and external networks. Provide professional development as appropriate to relevant parties.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualification in speech pathology;
- Full Certified Practising Speech Pathologist (CPSP) membership through Speech Pathology Australia (SPA) or provisional CPSP status working towards full CPSP membership;
- Experience in speech pathology services for clients with a variety of special needs. Experience in the area of early intervention, particularly communication and feeding issues;
- Knowledge and skills in working with children, adults and older adults.
Benefits of working at Vision Australia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- With the offer of Salary Packaging, you can use some of your salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you pay less tax and have more money to spend. That’s because your salary packaging money is deducted first and then your tax is calculated on the remaining amount.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the below Hiring Manager.
Name: Courtney McKee
Phone: 0488 056 031
Vision Australia is committed to do all that is reasonable to ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of clients (including children); their families; the community; staff and volunteers; and any other person entering Vision Australia’s workplace. Police checks, state working with children checks, NDIS Worker Screening checks and Professional Registrations form part of Vision Australia’s probity screening standards ensuring that quality services are provided in a safe environment.
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application process.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers.
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.