Diversity & Inclusion Advisor
Kooyong VIC, Parramatta NSW or Coorparoo QLD
- Permanent, part-time (working 3 days per week)
- Based in either our Kooyong (Victoria), Parramatta (New South Wales) or Coorparoo (Queensland) office
- Base Salary + Superannuation = $93,334 (pro rata) + Salary Packaging
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose?
If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
About the role
- Coordinate the activities, communications and commitments under VA’s Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP);
- Researches, develops, recommends, and executes creative strategies to foster the organisations diversity goals;
- Reviews current, and creates new practices and policies assessing and analysing the extent to which they support or hinder the Organisation’s diversity goals;
- Supports the Leadership Team and Managers to ensure that Diversity and Inclusion practices are embedded in both strategic and day to day operations
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Understanding of diversity and inclusion and ability to prepare, monitor and deliver action plans;
- Experience in delivering Reconciliation Action Plans;
- Self-management skills, with the ability to independently manage and prioritise a portfolio of work;
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience.
Benefits of working at Vision Australia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- With the offer of Salary Packaging, you can use some of your salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you pay less tax and have more money to spend. That’s because your salary packaging money is deducted first and then your tax is calculated on the remaining amount.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the below Hiring Manager.
Name: Ranmali McCormack
Phone: 0418 123 216
Vision Australia is committed to do all that is reasonable to ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of clients (including children); their families; the community; staff and volunteers; and any other person entering Vision Australia’s workplace. Police checks, state working with children checks, NDIS Worker Screening checks and Professional Registrations form part of Vision Australia’s probity screening standards ensuring that quality services are provided in a safe environment.
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application process.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers.
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision and/or candidates who identify as being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.