Recreation Support Worker
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Based at our Bendigo location and servicing the Loddon Mallee region
- Base Salary + Superannuation = $63,295 + Salary Packaging
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose?
If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 people clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
About the role
- Plan, develop, deliver and evaluate high quality social support groups across the region;
- Ensure effective transdisciplinary service provision for clients and their families;
- Provide direction, support and training for volunteers so they can assist in the delivery of recreational activities;
- As required, undertake the role of primary service provider to coordinate the provision of services for clients and families and liaise with external service providers to achieve desired outcomes for clients (for single recreation service clients only);
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Certificate III Community Services – Age Care (or equivalent);
- Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and evaluate programs and activities for individuals and groups;
- Demonstrated knowledge of ageing and disability;
- Excellent organisational & time management skills.
Benefits of working at Vision Australia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- With the offer of Salary Packaging, you can use some of your salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you pay less tax and have more money to spend. That’s because your salary packaging money is deducted first and then your tax is calculated on the remaining amount.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the below Hiring Manager.
Name: Adam English
Vision Australia is committed to do all that is reasonable to ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of clients (including children); their families; the community; staff and volunteers; and any other person entering Vision Australia’s workplace. Police checks, state working with children checks, NDIS Worker Screening checks and Professional Registrations form part of Vision Australia’s probity screening standards ensuring that quality services are provided in a safe environment.
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application process.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers.
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.