Vision Australia Radio Regional Coordinator
Albury, Bendigo, Geelong, Shepparton or Regional Victoria
- Permanent, part-time opportunity (24 hours per week)
- Can be based in Albury, Bendigo, Geelong, Shepparton or Regional Victoria
- Base Salary + Superannuation = $93,334 (pro rata) + Salary Packaging
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose?
If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
About the role
As the Vision Australia Radio Regional Coordinator, you will facilitate the effective operation of regional Vision Australia Radio (VAR) services in Albury, Bendigo, Geelong and Shepparton. You will also oversee the operation and support of approximately 200 volunteers across these regional locations and will contribute towards their recruitment, training and management.
- Collaborate with Vision Australia Radio staff, Vision Australia Regional staff and VAR Volunteer Advisory Committees to maintain and, within available resources, develop the VAR regional radio services and network;
- Assist Vision Australia Volunteer Services with recruitment of Vision Australia Radio Regional Radio volunteers;
- Assist VAR Programming team and Regional Steering Committees to deliver suitable program content;
- Provide effective training and technical support to VAR volunteers.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant broadcast training qualification or equivalent experience;
- Proven ability to work with volunteers to achieve positive outcomes;
- Solid track record in broadcasting covering program preparation and production, story selection, scriptwriting, interviewing techniques;
- Technical proficiency in sound recording, editing and studio equipment;
- Well-developed administrative skills.
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
Benefits of working at Vision Australia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- With the offer of Salary Packaging, you can use some of your salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you pay less tax and have more money to spend. That’s because your salary packaging money is deducted first and then your tax is calculated on the remaining amount.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the below Hiring Manager.
Name: Conrad Browne
Vision Australia is committed to do all that is reasonable to ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of clients (including children); their families; the community; staff and volunteers; and any other person entering Vision Australia’s workplace. Police checks, state working with children checks, NDIS Worker Screening checks and Professional Registrations form part of Vision Australia’s probity screening standards ensuring that quality services are provided in a safe environment.
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application process.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers.
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.