Orientation and Mobility Specialist
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
- Based at our Coorparoo location
- Base salary + Superannuation = $98,081 + Salary Packaging
Do you want to make a difference and become a part of a team that supports a future where people who are blind or have low vision can live an independent life they choose?
If so, then this might be the perfect role for you!
Vision Australia is a leading national provider of blindness and low vision services in Australia. We work in partnership with Australians who are blind or who have low vision to achieve the possibilities they choose in life.
About who we support
Vision Australia provides services to more than 25,500 people clients from 35 Vision Australia centres in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia; and through outreach programs in the Northern Territory and Tasmania.
About the role
- Assess the ability of clients to travel safely and confidently within area of the community they wish to access;
- Advise on and prescribe a range of mobility aids and provide specialist services to meet individual needs;
- Monitor and advise on the use of low vision aids as applicable to a mobility program;
- In consultation with clients, plan, develop, deliver and evaluate individual or group specialised services in line with clients’ needs identified throughout the assessment process.
To view the Position Description for this role, please click here.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Approved qualifications in O&M as recognised by Orientation and Mobility Association Australasia (OMAA);
- Knowledge and skills in working with children, adults and older adults along with training and intervention strategies for individuals and groups;
- Experience in providing client support and O&M services in person and/or through other communication mediums;
- Willingness to travel around the region.
Benefits of working at Vision Australia
- Generous salary packaging options
- Flexible working arrangements
- Exciting career paths
- Exceptional professional development opportunities
- With the offer of Salary Packaging, you can use some of your salary to pay for everyday expenses before income tax is calculated, meaning you pay less tax and have more money to spend. That’s because your salary packaging money is deducted first and then your tax is calculated on the remaining amount. To find out more details about salary packaging, please refer to the following link - https://accesspay.com.au/salary-packaging/salary-packaging-calculator/
- A novated lease is one of the most cost effective ways to buy and run your car. Like other salary packaging arrangements, when you package your car, you pay a portion of the vehicle’s costs out of your salary before tax is calculated. To find out more details about novated leasing, please refer to the following link https://accesspay.com.au/novated-leasing/
If you have any questions about the role, please contact the below Hiring Manager.
Name: Sasha Lewis-Driver
Vision Australia is committed to do all that is reasonable to ensure the safety, welfare and wellbeing of clients (including children); their families; the community; staff and volunteers; and any other person entering Vision Australia’s workplace. Police checks, state working with children checks, NDIS Worker Screening checks and Professional Registrations form part of Vision Australia’s probity screening standards ensuring that quality services are provided in a safe environment.
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application process.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note pdf documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons.
For more information about working at Vision Australia go to www.visionaustralia.org/careers.
We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision.