Paediatric Speech Pathologist
- Permanent position, full-time and part-time opportunities available
- Based at our Maroochydore location
- Base Salary = $88,761 ($44.92 p.h.) + Superannuation + Salary Packaging up to $15.9k
Join an organisation committed to making a positive difference in the lives of others.
As a Vision Australia employee, you’re part of a team committed to supporting people who are blind or have low vision to live the life they choose and striving for their inclusion in all areas of society.
Our team of experts work together to tailor the right mix of services, strategies and products so their patients and clients can live life on their terms. From birth to senior years, Vision Australia is there to provide a lifetime of support.
About the Opportunity
As our Paediatric Speech Pathologist, you will provide high quality speech pathology services for clients of all ages and their families within a trans-disciplinary team, with some flexibility to provide service and support with adults if/when required. In this role you will also:
- Provide appropriate and effective speech pathology programs for clients and their families who receive a service from Vision Australia
- Write appropriate and effective goals for individuals and groups based on family centred practice.
- As required, act as the Primary Service Provider to coordinate the provision of services internally to clients and families and to liaise with external service providers to achieve desired outcomes for clients.
As part of the Children and Young People team, you should hold a bachelor’s degree or post-graduate qualification in speech pathology. In addition, Certified Practising Speech Pathologist (CPSP) registration as approved by Speech Pathology Australia (SPA) is required. You will also have:
- Experience in speech pathology services for clients with a variety of special needs. Experience in the area of early intervention, particularly communication and feeding issues.
- Knowledge and skills in working with children, adults and older adults.
- Experience in providing client support and speech pathology services in person and/or through other communication mediums.
Benefits of Working at Vision Australia
- Additional leave is available via our purchase leave and accrued day off schemes
- Annual salary review to ensure your pay is in-line with the market rates
- General service provider and discipline-specific professional development opportunities
- A respectful and inclusive workplace where you will be supported
If you have any questions about the role please contact the hiring manager, Bec Murrell.
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note that PDF documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons. If you require any support or considerations with the application process, please reach out to People and Culture or the above hiring manager.
For more information about working at Vision Australia, please visit our Careers page.
We are committed to ensuring an inclusive culture, and value diversity and all abilities. We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision and from those who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.