Orientation and Mobility Specialist
Brisbane QLD and Sydney NSW
- Permanent full-time and part-time opportunities available
- Sydney and Brisbane locations available
- Base Salary = $88,761 ($44.92 p.h.) + Superannuation + Salary Packaging up to $15.9k
Join an organisation committed to making a positive difference in the lives of others.
As a Vision Australia employee, you’re part of a team committed to supporting people who are blind or have low vision to live the life they choose and striving for their inclusion in all areas of society.
Our team of experts work together to tailor the right mix of services, strategies and products so their patients and clients can live life on their terms. From birth to senior years, Vision Australia is there to provide a lifetime of support.
About the Opportunity
As our Orientation and Mobility Specialist, you will utilise knowledge and skills to provide assessment, training, intervention and service co-ordination to assist in achieving equity and access for people who are blind or have low vision. In this role you will also:
- Assess the ability of clients to travel safely and confidently within area of the community they wish to access;
- Advise on and prescribe a range of mobility aids and provide specialist services to meet individual needs;
- In consultation with clients, plan, develop, deliver and evaluate individual or group specialised services in line with clients’ needs identified throughout the assessment process.
As part of the Client Services team, you should have approved qualifications in O&M as recognised by Orientation and Mobility Association Australasia (OMAA). In addition, knowledge and skills in working with children, adults and older adults is encouraged. You will also have:
- Experience in providing client support and O&M services in person and/or through other communication mediums.
- Training and intervention strategies for individuals and groups.
- Strong planning skills including sound time management skills.
Benefits of Working at Vision Australia
- Additional leave is available via our purchase leave and accrued day off schemes
- Annual salary review to ensure your pay is in-line with the market rates
- General service provider and discipline-specific professional development opportunities
- A respectful and inclusive workplace where you will be supported
If you have any questions about the role please contact the hiring manager, Michele Hovey.
If this sounds like a great fit for you then please complete our online application.
Applications should consist of a full resume and a cover letter. Please note that PDF documents are not accepted for accessibility reasons. If you require any support or considerations with the application process, please reach out to People and Culture or the above hiring manager.
For more information about working at Vision Australia, please visit our Careers page.
We are committed to ensuring an inclusive culture, and value diversity and all abilities. We highly encourage applications from candidates who are blind or have low vision and from those who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.