Hawthorn Park Retirement Community - Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
ACCOUNTABILITY & OBJECTIVES:
Servers perform a variety of hospitality services within a restaurant setting such as take orders, provide information on daily specials, deliver orders, and ensure that every other aspect of customer service is covered. They are considered part of the overall dining experience and are expected to give more attention to customers and their services such as providing meal recommendations, wine pairing suggestions and educate customers about ingredients in dishes that they serve. Starting rate is $21.86 per hour.
BACKGROUND / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Able to communicate clearly in and possess a good command of verbal and written English
- A minimum of 1 years working experience
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to understand and respond to individual needs and requirements
- Serving it Right; Food Safe Level 1; and possess a genuine interest in food and beverage
- Basic math/financial calculations
- Ability to multitask under pressure whilst maintaining a positive outlook and attention to detail
- Able to organize time effectively prioritize tasks to ensure work load is balanced and situations are dealt with immediately.
- Clean Criminal Records Check
- Demonstrated leadership skills (e.g. Verve Senior Living Competencies)
- Physically able to meet the demands of the job in a fast-paced environment
- To provide an exceptional customer dining experience
- Greet residents and guests as they arrive and introduce yourself (if necessary)
- Provide information on revolving menu items and daily specials
- Take beverage orders
- Allow time for menu considerations, but keep a watchful eye for service calls
- Answer questions regarding menu items and ingredients and provide information regarding dietary requirements/requests
- Stay current on items the kitchen may be running short of and suggest alternatives
- Take orders for lunch & dinner and repeat order to ensure accuracy
- Relay orders to the kitchen and check prepared orders for accuracy and portion size and that they are served in a time efficient manner
- Confirm customer satisfaction before delivering check (if required)
- Clear table: clean and buss and reset with clean linen, china and cutlery
2. Adheres to all policies and procedures in accordance with the Vision and Values of Diversicare/Verve Senior Living
- Provides outstanding public relations with residents, potential clients, staff, suppliers and all persons visiting the residents
- Commits to creating a learning organization whereby honoring our Core Values helps exceed our customers’ expectations
- Assist in maintaining a safe, neat and clean environment for residents and staff
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS). This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills
- Provides a protective oversight of residents and reports any unusual occurrences, concerns, or changes to a residents’ daily life which may affect their health and welfare
- Performs other duties as required
"We accommodate persons with disabilities in the recruitment and hiring process."
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Verve Senior Living is an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the residents and communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation for any portion of the recruitment and hiring process, please let us know.