Housekeeping Attendant - Casual - Granville Gardens
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Under the direction of the Health & Wellness Manager is responsible for performing housekeeping and laundry tasks in an efficient and cooperative manner, with due consideration for the residents living there
BACKGROUND / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions in the English language
- Needs visual acuity to ensure cleaning and laundry tasks are performed to standards
- Be physically able to perform heavy lifting and withstand long periods of standing
- Some experience in a hospitality, housekeeping and or laundry department is desirable
- Possesses a pleasant, outgoing personality
- Knowledge of WHMIS and Food Safe
- Performs daily, weekly and annual cleaning of all Resident suites and common areas, in accordance with established standards and procedures
- Replenishes paper supplies, hand soap as required in washrooms and laundry rooms
- Maintains housekeeping storage area, cart and equipment
- Provides general assistance to residents as required
- Vacuums all carpet areas including upper floor corridors, elevators and stairwells. Removes spots and stains from carpets and upholstery as required and according to established cleaning schedules. Operates carpet and floor cleaning equipment as required.
- Performs additional cleaning as required, including washing walls, lights, vents, fans, appliances, inside windows and frames and patio.
- Sorts laundry according to colour and type and pretreats stains as required
- Loads and unloads washers and dryers ensuring that proper setting are used for each type of load
- Inspects soiled linens to determine types of repairs needed. Sets aside linen not repairable for salvage use
- Ensures laundry rooms and all equipment and cars are kept in a clean, safe and sanitary condition.
Adheres to all policies and procedures in accordance with the Vision and Values of Diversicare/Verve Senior Living
- Provides outstanding public relations with residents, potential clients, staff, suppliers and all persons visiting the residents
- Commits to creating a learning organization whereby honoring our Core Values helps exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS). This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Provides a protective oversight of residents and reports any unusual occurrences, concerns, or changes to a resident’s daily life which may affect their health and wellbeing.
- Contributes to the overall appearance of neatness and cleanliness of the home.
- Performs other duties as required.
“We accommodate persons with disabilities in the recruitment and hiring process.”
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.