Health Care Attendants
Hawthorn Park Retirement Community - Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better.
Under the direction of the health & wellness manager, delivers medication and treatment as per policy and procedure. Participates in assessing and planning the care needs of the residents. Delivers care to residents based on individualized care plan, policies and procedures, established standards of care, and as instructed by the registered nurse and registered practical nurse/ resident services manager. Participates in the development, implementation and evaluation of all nursing activities.
Certificate from an approved Health Care Aide or Personal Support Worker program and a Diversicare approved pharmacology training provided by Medical Pharmacy. Must have a current First Aid certificate. Experience in retirement residence or long-term care will be given preference. Demonstrates good English language skills, both written and verbal.
- Participates actively in the Continuous Quality Improvement (VQI) Program.
- Administers medication and treatments in accordance with current approved standards of care, policies and procedures.
- Monitors vital signs.
- Understands and practices pharmacy UCP policies and procedures.
- Follows policies and procedures for transferring residents, incident reports and unexpected death documentation.
- Provides report to oncoming staff.
- Collaborates with the care team to help develop plan of care for the residents based on their physical, emotional, social and safety needs.
- Provides care to the residents including cognitive, social, and emotional support, according to their plan of care and in a manner that promotes comfort and safety
- manufacturer’s instructions, and health and safety regulations. Assists in maintaining adequate supplies on unit.
- Ensures residents’ living space and personal belongings are kept clean, free from safety hazards, and organized according to residents’ personal choice.
- Observes, reports, and documents changes in the residents’ physical and emotional condition in a timely fashion that ensures residents’ immediate needs are met.
- Participates in all aspects of the staff development program i.e. identifying own learning needs, attending and evaluating education program, and assisting with orientation of new employees, students, and agency personnel.
- Participates in the development of unit goals and objectives, promoting team building, and achieving customer satisfaction.
- Participates in self-evaluation during performance review.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Fulfills responsibilities according to the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes maintaining a clean, efficient, and safe work environment, recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, as well as participating in fire safety activities.
- Complies with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Completes all required mandatory training/education.
Full time rotations available, starting rate is $23.81 with a benefit package after 3 months.
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all those who apply; however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Verve Senior Living is an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the residents and communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation for any portion of the recruitment and hiring process, please let us know.