Orchard Manor - Licensed Practical Nurse
Hawthorn Park Retirement Community - Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Under the direction of the Director of Care, on a specific shift, for ensuring the personal care and safety of Long Term Care residents in accordance with the established Philosophy, Policies and Procedures.
BACKGROUND & QUALIFICATIONS:
Licensed Practical Nurse with B.C. Certification, or the ability to obtain, within an agreed period of time. Pharmacology Certificate. Substantial experience in working in a long term care setting either as a certified health care attendant, or equivalent, along with pertinent training and courses may be acceptable. Demonstrated skills as a leader and as a team player, including dependability, reliability, and initiative. Above average communication and interpersonal skills.
- Under the direction of and acting on behalf of the team leader(s), assists in assessing the needs of individual residents on an ongoing, informal basis and organizes and directs staff resources for the provision of personal care that promotes maximum resident independence and choice.
- Participates in the Continuous Quality Improvement Program, including the orientation and training of new Assisted Living Attendants.
- Carries out planned assignments as designated by the team Leader(s) and in accordance with each resident’s personal care & service plan, taking into account the physical, spiritual, social and emotional needs of the individual.
- Supervises and directs the care given by attendants, in accordance with the resident care plans.
- Oversees the distribution of medications and provides treatments to residents in accordance with current and approved standards of care, policies and procedures.
- Answers emergency calls from residents, giving assistance where possible, and contacting professional help and/or family when necessary.
- Provides direct resident care, in accordance with current and approved standards of care, policies and procedures.
- Provides resident care, and assists with food service, laundry and cleaning duties, as required and as assigned.
- Maintains effective communication and good interpersonal relations with staff, residents, families, physicians, and other departments.
- Coordinates, supervises and provides job guidance to assisted living attendants.
- Maintains accurate records of nursing observations and procedures performed. Completes all required reports.
- Assists with the implementation and enforcement of all policies and procedures.
- Assists in maintaining a neat, clean and safe environment for residents, staff. Recognizes safety hazards and takes appropriate action.
- Reports all incidents and changes in resident status to team leader(s) and subsequent shift.
- As a member of the multi-disciplinary team, participates in the development of and implementation of a plan of care for residents that support agreed on service principles.
- Assists the Team Leader(s) in evaluating the performance of the attendants; assists with appropriate documentation. Keeps the Team leader(s) informed of any staff member whose performance is less than satisfactory.
- Performs the duties of an Assisted Living Attendant, as required.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Workplace Hazardous Material Information System. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services fire drills.
- Maintains effective communication, both written and verbal with co-workers. Uses the appropriate lines of communication with supervisory staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Team Leader(s) or General Manager, such as providing relief breaks for Information Services Attendant
Several positions available, which include day, evening and night shifts. Starting rate is $28.04 , plus HEABC wage levelling and $2.50 per hour in charge pay for evening and night shifts.
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all those who apply; however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Verve Senior Living is an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the residents and communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation for any portion of the recruitment and hiring process, please let us know.