Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for supporting and streamlining the company’s corporate financial analysis process, which includes the monthly reporting analysis, the budgeting and forecasting process and other financial analysis. Other responsibilities will include assisting in preparation of management reporting, supporting new finance program rollouts to residences and other ad hoc requests as needed. A component of this role will also include assisting with systems-related roles and responsibilities on an as needed basis.
Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills are a must as this role will work closely with the Finance team, executives at the Corporate Office and management teams at the residences. The ability to work efficiently on both teams and independently is required.
Must hold a university degree in accounting and working towards designation or have successfully completed an MBA. Must be a detailed oriented and a team player with one to two years of progressive finance experience. Must have a positive “can do” attitude with a proven track record for meeting/exceeding deadlines and producing accurate work.
Excellent working knowledge of MS Office and highly-proficient in MS Excel, Powerpoint, and computerized accounting systems. Experience with Sage 300 and Oracle is an asset. Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and orally, in the English language. Some travel may be required (driver’s license required).
Additional competencies required include:
- Strong acumen in cash flow reporting and financial analysis
- Self-motivated, exceptionally organized and possess strong analytical skills
- Strong mathematical skills and aptitude
- Experience working with operations is an asset
- Effectively handles pressure and competing priorities
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Unfailing integrity and respect for confidentiality
Financial Analysis, including budgeting and forecasting
- Possess financial reporting and analysis skills for business partnering
- Insightfully analyze and interpret financial results and create scenarios
- Create reports (including templates for reports) as well as update reports as needed
- Utilize financial reporting systems to enhance management reporting through developing reports in Sage 300, Oracle or other reporting tools
- Assist in the preparation of management reporting packages and other operating reports
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly Board reporting, ad hoc financial risk management analysis and reporting as required
- Develop communications and training plans for adoption of new Finance processes and practices for the residences
- Assist with training for the teams at the residences, facilitate sharing of best practices and increase financial acumen across the residences.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements, document them and collaborate with the Finance team to move them forward
- Assist with the annual budget process and monthly forecasting process for both the residences and corporate
- Other ad hoc financial projects and associated matters as required.
Treasury and Financial Modelling
- Assist with maintaining and streamline the corporate financial model process
- Develop an understanding of the Credit Facility covenants and reporting requirements
- Maintain the debt and commitments schedule
- Assist in the annual valuation process
- Assist with refinancing activities and Credit Facility reporting requirements
- Other ad hoc Treasury, Financial projects and associated matters as required.
Works independently and with minimum supervision.
Complies with all corporate policies and procedures.
Completes all required mandatory training and education.
Complies with the Occupational Health & Safety Insurance Act, and WHMIS information system. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills. Performs other related tasks as delegated by the Controller and/or Vice President Finance.
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all those who apply; however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
We accommodate persons with disabilities in the hiring and recruitment process.