Life Enrichment Assistant
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Join a team that cares about their community, provides extraordinary customer service and Gilmore Gardens is a 118 suite independent seniors community where we inspire each individual to have a great day, whatever that may mean to him or her. The role of the Life Enrichment Assistant is to work with the Life Enrichment Manager to create and execute programs and engage individuals so they have a great day every day. This is one of the most fun and resident interactive roles at Gilmore Gardens. We won the 2016 Richmond Chamber of Commerce Workplace of the Year - so this is a great place to work! We have an immediate need for a Part Time Life Enrichment Assistant Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and weekends.
Qualifications include: Diploma in Therapeutic Recreation or a combination of related education and experience in a field related to health care and gerontology. Experience in social services, recreation or a related discipline.
- Ability to lead fitness classes for independent and active seniors.
- Innovative, creative individual with a keen interest in seniors. Possess superior communication skills and ability to relate well with residents, their families, volunteers and the community at large.
- Experience and interest in planning events and programs, arts and fitness.
- A valid B.C. Class 4 Driver’s license and clean driving record a must.
- Level 1 First Aid
- Effective written and oral communication (English)
- Proven computer literacy Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher and Outlook) and an adaptability to handle database programs.
- Assists in the maintenance of appropriate department records including attendance, assessments and evaluations of planned programs.
- Experience working with seniors and their families and must want to have fun!
- Proof of full COVID Vaccination
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all those who apply; however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
"We accommodate persons with disabilities in the hiring and recruitment process."