HCA/Enriched Living Facilitator
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
Simply put, the purpose of The Village Langley, and all those who work here, is to enable the well-being of those we serve.
The Village aspires to be much more than a community that supports and cares for people living with a dementia diagnosis. We strive to be a place where, through the dedicated service of our team members, each Resident has an enriched living experience and lives their own best life, each-and-every day.
The role of a Village team member is to facilitate an enriched living experience for each Villager by fostering and nurturing relationships; enabling Villagers to control and manage their day; enabling feelings of safety, security & connectedness to people and things that matter to each person; establishing trusting relationships with families; enabling learning of new things, and; making meaningful contributions within The Village and surrounding communities. Our success is largely determined by the amount of joy, love and laughter experienced by each of those we serve – Villagers, staff, volunteers and local community.
The primary role of an Enriched Living Facilitator is to empower each Villager to achieve and sustain health and well-being, live life to the fullest, flourish and thrive, regardless of cognitive or physical limitations. This is achieved by supporting Residents, with a dementia diagnosis, according to person-directed plans of care, Village policies and procedures, and established standards of care.
Reporting to a Household Leader, an Enriched Living Facilitator has successfully completed a recognized Personal Support Worker or Health Care Aide training program. As a key member of The Village’s skilled and confident interdisciplinary team, they are accountable for the following activities and outcomes in a registered Assisted Living and licensed Complex Care community.
HOW YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Wellness Promotion
Our goal is to help each Villager remain as independent and autonomous as possible, for as long as possible. An Enriched Living Facilitator promotes wellness in the following ways:
- Providing a wide-range of Resident care in a registered Assisted Living and licensed Complex Care community.
- Engaging Residents to participate actively in The Village community.
- Leading household life enrichment activities.
- Participation in education programs and competency-based learning opportunities for Household and Health and Wellness Teams.
- Compliance with relevant federal, provincial and regional legislative and regulatory instruments.
- Health Care
Our goal is to ensure that each person receives the health care they need, when and where they need it, in a manner that facilitates their enriched living experience. An Enriched Living Facilitator will provide health care by:
- Providing care to people living with diagnosis of dementia, including cognitive, social and emotional support, according to their plan of care and in a manner that promotes comfort and safety.
- Performing care procedures in accordance with the standards of Resident care.
- Following routine practices in all aspects of care and compliance with infection control protocols.
- Assisting in monitoring and evaluating the outcome of specific interventions regularly and offering suggestions for improvement.
- Performance of other related tasks as delegated by a Registered Nurse.
Household Team Support
At The Village, dedicated Household Teams provide Residents with appropriate ongoing assistance, monitoring, supervision and care in such areas as activities of daily living, medication management and direct health care. Care in each Household will be coordinated and provided by The Village’s Health and Wellness Team and Household Teams in accordance with each person’s Personal Services or Care Plan.
An Enriched Living Facilitator participates as a member of the Household Team by:
- Participating as a member of a self-led home-making team.
- Participation in comprehensive health, ability and needs assessment of each person.
- Completing documentation accurately and legibly.
- Maintaining health records in compliance with relevant legislation.
- Participation in the delivery of each person’s Personal Service or Care Plan in accordance with The Community Care and Assisted Living Act.
- Exemplifying a Resident-directed culture, consistent with industry, professional and regulatory standards.
- Supporting Resident health and safety by sharing accountability for safe supervision; emergency response; falls prevention; reportable incidents; safe lift, ambulation and transfer activities, and; non-abuse policies.
4. Other Responsibilities:
- Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WorkSafe BC and Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents and/or any changes to resident’s daily life, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Compliance with all relevant corporate policies and procedures.
- Commitment to the promotion and completion of continuous education and professional development.
- Participation in The Village Quality Improvement program.
Demonstrates service excellence by living Verve’s values –
- Passion for Excellence
- Leadership Competencies:
Continued growth and development -
- Interpersonal Intelligence
- Intrapersonal Intelligence
- Teaching, Learning, Teamwork
- Service Excellence
Necessary Qualifications, Skills, and Experiences
A Village Langley Enriched Living Facilitator will have demonstrated the following in previous endeavors and will be evaluated on the following:
- Honest, truthful and ethical
- Inspiring, dynamic, enthusiastic, positive and optimistic
- Competent, capable and effective
- Fair, open minded and flexible
- Cooperative and team oriented
- Caring and committed
- Organized and determined
Professional Abilities & Qualifications
- A certificate from an approved Health Care Aide or Personal Support Worker program.
- A minimum of grade 12 education.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in dementia-care, memory-care home support or care of older adults.
- Demonstrated knowledge of The British Columbia Community Care and Assisted Living Act and Residential Care Regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to and understanding of the concepts of shared leadership and team empowerment, and person-directed care.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
- Computer literacy.
"We accommodate persons with disabilities in the recruitment and hiring process."
* All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
* Please note that The Village Langley is a pet friendly community. You can reasonably expect to have regular contact with furry friends.