Gilmore Gardens, Richmond BC
Part Time: Saturdays & Sundays 11:00AM - 7:00PM
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
ACCOUNTABILITY & OBJECTIVE:
Under the direction of the Dining Services Manager, prepares and serves attractive and nutritious meals and snacks, assists in supervision of dietary personnel and ensures the kitchen area is kept clean and sanitary.
Maintains all Food Safe / Serve it Right standards are achieved. Ascertains all nutritional and special diet requirements are met in providing appetizing meals and snacks.
BACKGROUND / QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Certified Cook from an accredited school or equivalent is preferred
- A minimum of two years experience in volume food preparation at a Cook I or II level in Hotel/Restaurant or /Catering Industry.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and Food Safe.
- Proven ability to offer outstanding public relations with residents, potential clients, staff and all persons visiting Gilmore Gardens. Some formal training in public relations (Superhost)
- A person with a positive self-projection
- A people-person with a heart for seniors and a positive, outgoing disposition. Ability to work independently with a commitment to achieve deadlines. Hospitality experience preferred.
- Cooks according to planned meals/menu, an appetizing meal presentation in accordance with Canada's Food Standards and Gilmore Garden’s individual resident needs.
- Shares responsibility, through in-service and education, in safety standards and occupational health, hygiene, infection control and pest control and the Continuous Quality Improvement of the residence.
- Assists with preparing and plating food from the planned menu for residents and guests in accordance with sanitation and safety regulations, using methods best suited for the nutritional quality and appearance of the food.
- Performs food prep duties as required.
- Ensures Food Safe Standards are met. Ensures quality control of meals and or snacks
- Liaison with other departments as to special requirements
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the food preparation area and kitchen equipment - inclusive of preventative maintenance.
- Participates in the ongoing Fire Prevention, Pest Control and Continuous Quality Improvement Programs as required
- Performs other related duties as delegated by the Dining Services Manager with an exemplary standard of skill and with a sense of responsibility
- Committed to excellence and the establishing of a "Fabled Residence"
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all those who apply; however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
"We accommodate persons with disabilities in the hiring and recruitment process."