Health Care Attendant
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it. Want to join us?
- Assists in the nursing process by observing and reporting changes in the resident’s physical and emotional condition. Know the guidelines of care for his/her assigned residents as outlined in the resident care plans. Gives nursing care according to these guidelines.
- Delivers personal care to promote comfort and safety for the resident during activities of daily living in accordance with the standards of resident care set out in the nursing manuals.
- Provides cognitive, social, emotional support to residents,.
- Promotes independence of resident in his/her activities of daily living. Observes and respects resident’s individual rights and choices. Acknowledges the resident’s need for dignity and privacy.
- Assists the resident with use and care of adaptive/prosthetic devices.
- Maintains effective communication and good relations with residents, families and significant others.
- Participates as a team member in co-operation with other departments to ensure quality care of the resident. Provides input into the plan of care.
- Documents accurately and legibly on daily records reflecting each resident’s condition, care and specific needs.
- Shares responsibility for the care of the resident’s personal belongings.
- Demonstrates safety consciousness by maintaining a clean and safe work environment, practicing good body mechanics and lifting/transfer techniques. Recognizes safety hazards and takes appropriate actions. Participates in fire drills and emergency measures practice and adheres to infection control policies and procedures.
- Shares responsibility for the care of the equipment in the facility.
- Maintains a good attendance record.
- Attends in-service education in order to keep informed of current trends in resident care practices.
- Maintains effective communication, both written and verbal with co-workers. Uses the appropriate lines of communication with supervisory staff.
Please email all resumes to:
Verve Senior Living is an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects the diversity of the residents and communities in which we live and serve. If you require accommodation for any portion of the recruitment and hiring process, please let us know.
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all those who apply; however only candidates under consideration will be contacted.