Simply put, the purpose of The Village Langley, and all those who work here, is to enable the well-being of those we serve.
The Village aspires to be much more than a community that supports and cares for people living with a dementia diagnosis. We strive to be a place where, through the dedicated service of our team members, each Resident has an enriched living experience and lives their own best life, each-and-every day.
The role of a Village team member is to facilitate an enriched living experience for each Villager by fostering and nurturing relationships; enabling Villagers to control and manage their day; enabling feelings of safety, security &
connectedness to people and things that matter to each person; establishing trusting relationships with families; enabling learning of new things, and; making meaningful contributions within The Village and surrounding communities. Our success is largely determined by the amount of joy, love and laughter experienced by each of those we serve – Villagers, staff, volunteers and local community.
Reporting to The General Manager, The Village Office Manager is both socially and business competent. They provide administrative support to The Village leadership team including financial transactions, payroll, and employee/ resident information. The Office Manager oversees and performs clerical and concierge duties, as necessary, for the efficient operation of a dementia-supportive registered Assisted Living and licensed Complex Care community.
HOW YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The Village Office Manager is accountable for the following activities and outcomes:
- Participation in The Village quality improvement vision.
- Management of The Village Concierge team.
- Transcribing and inputting payroll input on a bi-weekly basis for processing and preparing cheque stubs for distribution.
- Responding to inquiries related to payroll, employment standards and benefits as per provincial legislation.
- Establishing and updating employee files and information (i.e. the tracking of wage increases per wage grid, sick time, statutory holidays, vacation time and benefits).
- Establishing and maintaining all Resident files.
- Implementation and maintenance of systems for tracking guest meals, revenue from services, added services and special event revenue.
- Processing of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Ensuring that all office equipment is functioning and if not initiates a corrective action.
- Partners with the Community Relations Manager to enable low-stress move-in processes including welcome packages, Resident Handbook and orientation, allocation of keys.
- In absence of the Community Relations Manager, ensures appointments are booked and tours given.
- Serving as a Village leader to enable self-led staff teams.
- Completing annual performance appraisals and managing staff performance issues.
- Developing job routines for The Village Concierge and Village Bookkeeper.
- Ensuring all supplier and Resident records are updated and accurate
- Reviewing and processing all invoices for signatures and preparing them for weekly courier to Corporate Office.
- Processing manual cheque requisitions, including routine payables, and annual licenses.
- Managing petty cash transactions.
- Responding to inquiries related to accounts payable.
- Responsible for billing and charges made to Residents.
- Responsible for communications and public relations with Residents, family members, staff and general public.
- Maintenance of contact lists.
- Distribution and updating of policies and procedures within the Village.
- Performance of other related tasks as delegated by the Executive Director.
Other responsibilities include:
- Compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WorkSafe BC and Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
- Compliance with all relevant Village and corporate policies and procedures and completes all required mandatory training/education.
- Participation in dementia-related education.
Demonstrates service excellence by living Verve’s values –
- Passion for Excellence
Continued growth and development -
- Interpersonal Intelligence
- Teaching, Learning, Teamwork
- Service Excellence
Necessary Qualifications, Skills, and Experiences
- Outgoing and friendly personality.
- Honest, truthful and ethical.
- Competent, capable and effective.
- Cooperative and team oriented.
- Caring and committed.
- Organized and determined.
- Adheres to a shared responsibility model.
Professional Abilities & Qualifications
- A minimum of two years of related business leadership experience.
- Excellent computer and database program skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated organizational skills and details excellence.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience working in an older adult or dementia-supportive community.
- Resident-oriented, whose vision and values exemplify those of The Village Langley.
"We accommodate persons with disabilities in the recruitment and hiring process."
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The Village Langley is a pet friendly community