Cook - Port Credit Residences
Port Credit Residences, Mississauga
Come join us and help make a difference in the lives of older adults! As employees at a Verve Senior Living Retirement Residence, our primary goal is to help each person, have a great day, every day! Our employees thrive on collaboration and have a passion for excellence, achieving multiple awards including the Order of Excellence in Quality, from Excellence Canada. As part of our team, the things you do are key to helping us achieve our shared vision of helping seniors live longer, better. Oh, and you’ll also have a lot of fun doing it.
Under the direction of the dining services manager, prepares and serves attractive and nutritious meals and snacks, assists in the supervision of dietary personnel and ensures that the kitchen area is kept clean and sanitary.
Minimum Grade 12. Knowledge of food preparation and serving techniques. Safe Food Handler's Certificate. Some formal cooks' training will be given preference. Must be able to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, in the English language.
- Participates in, and contributes to, the home's Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) program.
- Prepares food for residents and guests in accordance with sanitation and safety regulations.
- Must be available to work 5 days per week which includes weekends.
- Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment.
- Must be a team player
- Ensures all temperature records are taken and documented as required.
- Performs other related duties as delegated or assigned by the Dining Services Manager.
- Complies with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Completes all required mandatory training/education.
- Complies with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information Systems, Food Premises Regulations, and LTC/or ORCA dietary standards. This includes recognizing health and safety hazards, reporting incidents, fulfilling responsibilities under the applicable legislation, as well as participating in in-services and fire drills.
"We accommodate persons with disabilities in the recruitment and hiring process."
All offers of employment are subject to a Criminal Background Check. We thank all who apply; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.