Reports to: Accountant
Salary Range: $1,068 - $1,219 per 35 hour week + super
Warrumbungle Shire is strategically positioned on the Newell Highway, a short drive from Tamworth, Mudgee and Dubbo, and just over 3 hours from Newcastle, making Warrumbungle Shire a great place to live and work. Covering an area of more than 12,000km², and with a population of nearly 10,000, Warrumbungle Shire Council is one of the larger Local Government Areas in Central West NSW, home to the townships of Coonabarabran, Coolah, Dunedoo, Binnaway, Baradine and Mendooran.
With a rich history and stunning landscapes including spectacular mountain ranges, waterfalls, ancient sandstone caves, gorges, and beautiful plains, our scenic location amongst friendly country communities provides an ideal setting for those looking to balance a country lifestyle and career.
This position is located in Coolah. Situated on the picturesque Coolaburragundy River and nestled in a valley of the Liverpool Range, the town is surrounded by undulating hills and fertile river flats and is an attractive service town for the surrounding agricultural district. Only hour south east of Coonabarabran and close to major centres, and with the nearby Coolah Tops National Park offering rugged natural beauty and adventure, Coolah delivers the best of country living.
At Warrumbungle Shire Council we offer a broad variety of jobs with a range of benefits and career development opportunities within Local Government. The guiding principles of honesty, integrity, fairness and compassion form the spirit of the team along with respect, transparency, passion, trust and opportunity is how Warrumbungle Shire Council strengthens its working environment to deliver on the aspirations of our community. We are an EEO Employer with a commitment to our staff and our vision is Excellence in Local Government.
Purpose of the Position
This position provides effective and efficient financial services to both internal and external customers of Council. The position involves a number of duties across the key finance functions of accounts receivable and accounts payable, as well as other finance related tasks as required.
In addition, this position works with the Supply team to provide a quality stores and warehousing service to Council, providing stores and supply assistance to all Departments, and ensures the physical count of all stores items are in agreement with computer tally.
- Commitment to Council’s Mission, Values and Code of Conduct.
- Understanding of work health and safety (WHS) in the workplace and commitment to a positive contribution to WHS in the workplace and compliance with Council and legislative requirements.
- Certificate III in Accounting or equivalent relevant qualification and / or substantial experience in a finance role
- High level accuracy in data entry / checking
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to use financial software and/or purchasing software
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Forklift licence or able to obtain within three months of employment
- Class C NSW Drivers Licence.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise multiple tasks to achieve required outcomes
- Stocktaking experience
- Experience storing and handling hazardous chemicals
- Minimum 2 years stores or other relevant experience
- Knowledge of local government purchasing regulations and legislation
- Knowledge of Chain of Responsibility requirements for purchasing officers
- Certificate IV in Accounting, Procurement or other equivalent relevant qualification.
Applicants should note that Criminal History Checks, as well as alcohol and drug testing, are conditions of employment.
Applications close at 11.00 pm Sunday 10 July 2022.
For enquiries, please contact Human Resources on 6849 2000.
How to apply
Please provide sufficient detail in your answers to the questions as this information is used to assess your suitability for interview.
- Scroll down and complete the fields below. Note: Fields marked with a red asterisk* are mandatory.
- Click ‘Next’
- Attach your resume, covering letter and copies of your qualifications
- Click ‘Next’
- Review your application and click ‘Confirm’ to submit your completed application
You will receive an email acknowledgement to confirm receipt of your application. You will receive email notifications regarding the status of your application. It is important that you regularly check your email to ensure you do not miss any notifications from Council.