TEST JOB (PLEASE DO NOT PUBLISH)
- Work with a rapidly growing not-for-profit organisation committed to social justice
- Competitive pay rate: $27.73 - $30.46 per hour (dependent on qualifications & experience) + super
- Generous sleepover allowance
- Free training courses provided (CPR, First Aid etc.) + access to our online learning hub with over 20,000 courses!
- Access to Salary Packaging benefits, EAP + exclusive discounts to leading retailers
- Permanent Part Time – 4 shifts per fortnight + sleepovers
- Casual roles also available!
- Based in Frankston (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a not-for-profit organisation providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to men and women aged 50-plus who have been homeless or at risk of homelessness. We employ over 850 staff and operate from multiple offices across Melbourne, Hobart and regional Victoria. Located in Frankston, Angus Martin House is a Supported Residential Service that provides care and support for 45 men and women. We promote independence, and our team of staff are on site 24 hours per day to assist and maximise the health and wellbeing of our residents, whilst respecting their options, dignity and rights.
Your new role
Wintringham is currently seeking an experienced and proactive Personal Care & Support Assistant with the ability to administer medications to join our tight-knit and friendly team at Angus Martin House on a Part Time basis. The available roster is:
Week 1: Friday (1500-2200 + sleepover) & Saturday (1500-2200 + sleepover)
Week 2: Friday (1500-2200 + sleepover) & Saturday (1500-2200 + sleepover)
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Provide support to residents as set out in support plans in areas such as personal care, housekeeping and other activities of daily living
- To undertake medication management and treatment procedures as directed by the Site Manager or supervisor.
- To assist in the development of individual care plans
- Provide quality services in a manner, which maintains and enhances the independence of residents and maximises their lifestyle options
- Providing emotional support to residents
- Some preparation and serving of meals as well as domestic duties such as cleaning.
What we will require from you:
Successful applicants will have a Certificate III/IV in Aged Care/Individual Support with completion of medication administration unit (HLTHPS006 - Assist Clients with Medication). It is essential that applicants have excellent communication skills and an understanding of the special needs of older people. Your qualifications and skills will be further supported by:
- Prior experience in Aged Care (preferred)
- Prior experience working with people from a financially disadvantaged/homeless background (highly advantageous)
- A non-judgmental approach with the ability to work with people from varying socio-economic backgrounds
- A caring approach
- An understanding of the special needs of older people
- Current CPR & First Aid certificates
Applicants must disclose if they are currently working at another Residential Aged Care facility. There are current government directed guidelines that restrict Aged Care workers from working with more than one provider.
This sounds great! How do I apply?
For more information about this role, a copy of the Position Description can be accessed HERE
Applications can be directed to Bernadette Eddelbuttel (Site Manager – Angus Martin House) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Please upload your documents in PDF Format
Applications close at 5:00pm on Sunday 14th August 2022
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a NDIS Screening Check and Police Records check. Refusal to provide your information to both of these parties will prevent Wintringham from being able to continue with your application.
Applicants who have lived in a country other than Australia for a period longer than 12 months in the last 10 years may be required to undergo an International Police Check.
The Victorian Chief Health Officer has issued directions to help contain the spread of COVID-19 and help keep Victorians safe, including directions to make the COVID-19 vaccination mandatory for employees that are required to attend a workplace. Successful candidates will be required to show evidence of having three doses of a COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment with Wintringham.
Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer. Everyone has a right to feel welcome, respected and valued. The safety of all older people is paramount; we have zero tolerance for family violence including elder abuse.
Wintringham proudly acknowledges Australia’s First Peoples as the Traditional Owners and Custodians of Country. We pay respect to all Aboriginal Elders past, present and emerging.
Inclusion makes our community and Wintringham stronger.