Inclusive Education Coordinator
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
The Xavier Flexi Schools Network and Flexible Learning Centres are Catholic Schools in the Edmund Rice tradition. Townsville Flexible Learning Centre with campuses at Bowen and Burdekin offers a full-time and multiyear secondary education program for young people who have disengaged from mainstream schooling. The purpose of the Centre is to provide young people with a varied and holistic set of learning experiences which enable them to identify and pursue an individual transition to adulthood, employment, further education and training and social connectedness.
The Townsville FLC was established in 2006 to meet the needs of the local community. In 2019 the Burdekin and Bowen Educational Engagement Programs were established after many years of local consultation. These new programs are campuses of the Townsville FLC and are expected to grow from one class group to several in the next few years.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This position is working full-time, Monday to Friday until June 2024 (due to Grant Funding. Possibility of extension if further grant funding is approved).
The Inclusive Education Coordinator is a middle leadership role who has responsibility for working with staff to ensure the diverse learning needs of all young people. Young people are working at an upper primary, middle and senior phases of their secondary education. Staff are expected to work within the framework of common ground and demonstrate the ability to work under the four principles of operation; Respect, Honesty, Participation and Sate and Legal.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in developing and implementing a range of learning choices which meet the diverse needs and learning styles of young people to support positive educational and social outcomes and will:
- Develop the capacity of staff to provide an inclusive-trauma-informed educational environment
- Coordinate an Inclusive Education Team which includes external allied health providers, across the three campuses of Townsville FLC
- Provide direction, guidance and monitoring to ensure that staff are providing appropriate adjustments in the planning and delivery of effective and engaging teaching and learning programs for young people with identified learning needs
- Develop, coordinate and monitor the school’s inclusive education processes including individual personal learning plans, assessments and adjustments, and reporting requirements for NCCD.
To view the full Position Description: CLICK HERE
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Network Principal is responsible for the operation of all Flexible Learning Centres within the Xavier Flexi Schools Network. Employees of the Townsville Flexible Learning Centre, with campuses in Townsville, Burdekin and Bowen, are accountable to the Principal and report to the Head of Campus. This position will report through the Associate Head of Campus to the Head of Campus.
- Providing direction, support, and mentorship to staff to ensure that appropriate adjustments are made in the planning and delivery of effective and engaging teaching and learning programs for young people with identified learning needs
- Ensuring all young people have a Personalised Learning Plan that is reviewed regularly and informs semester reports.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of the school’s procedures and processes, particularly in relation to learning needs and the National Consistent Collection of Data.
- Developing and maintaining effective working relationships with external providers, other educational providers, FLC’s, Xavier Network’s Inclusive Education Coordinator and other FLC Networks.
- Supporting teaching teams to collaborate with parents/caregivers to plan and review how individual young person’s learning needs are best addressed eg involvement in enrolment interviews, support meetings and stakeholder meetings.
- Maintaining information systems to ensure compliance with reporting and accountability requirements with the Xavier Flexi Schools Network.
- Engaging in professional learning, especially in the area of Inclusive Education
- Promote and deliver professional development training for staff to increase their capacity to respond to differing learning needs
- Operate within Edmund Rice Education Australia’s Policies and Procedures.
- Involvement in other activities may be negotiated with the Head of Campus as required.
- Current registrations with Queensland College of Teachers as well as a Queensland Driver’s License and capacity to drive between campuses in Townsville, Burdekin, and Bowen
- Demonstrated a strong understanding of contemporary pedagogy and inclusive education, including the planning, documentation, assessment, and delivery of engaging, flexible, and trauma-informed learning experiences for diverse learners.
- Demonstrated capacity to support colleagues to continually improve teaching and learning to meet the unique educational and social needs of young people.
- Demonstrated high-level written and verbal communication skills and high-level interpersonal skills including a capacity to develop constructive relationships with young people, families, staff, community members and government and non-government organisations.
- Ability to engage with the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities of Townsville, Burdekin and Bowen.
- Proven ability to be highly organised, work autonomously and in an collaborative manner as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Commitment to critical reflection and to operate through the Four Principles (respect, safe and legal, honesty and participation) to resolve conflict, negotiate learning, recognise rights, responsibilities, and consequences
- Higher degree qualifications and experience in special education / inclusive education
Please visit www.ereafsn.edu.au and follow the Employment Opportunities tab to view the position description and instructions for making an application.
Applications close 12:00pm, Friday 3 December 2021
To apply for this role please clearly identify what position you are applying for and provide the following documents:
- Cover letter addressed to Michelle Kinnane, Co-Principal, Xavier Flexi Schools Network, outlining relevant skills, attributes, knowledge and experience and reasons for applying for the position
- Curriculum vitae outlining relevant work history including contact details of at least three referees including your current employer
Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Individuals who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.