ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
The Xavier Flexi Schools Network and Flexible Learning Centres are Catholic Schools in the Edmund Rice tradition. The Flexible Learning Centres (FLCs) offer a full-time and multiyear secondary education program for young people who have disengaged from mainstream schooling. Young people may express a broad range of complex education and social needs and FLCs respond with a variety of flexible and innovative teaching and learning practices including vocational planning and the development of social connectedness.
The purpose of an Edmund Rice Education Australia Flexible Learning Centre is to provide young people with a varied and holistic set of learning experiences supporting them to identify and pursue an individual transition to adulthood, employment, further education and training and social connectedness.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
We are looking for casual Relief Teachers who are interested in working across one or more of our Brisbane based schools located in Kingston, Inala and Ipswich.
- The Centre Education Programme (Kingston)
- Inala Flexible Learning Centre
- Ipswich Flexible Learning Centre
Staff are expected to work within the framework of common ground and demonstrate the ability to work under the four principles of operation; Respect, Honesty, Participation and Safe and Legal.
- Delivery of effective learning and teaching programs for young people in both middle and senior phases of secondary education within a safe environment.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the FLC’s objectives and planning.
- Contributing to the establishment and maintenance of a supportive school environment.
- Please CLICK HERE to view the Position Description
- Current QCT Registration (Primary or Secondary)
- Genuine interest and experience in developing and implementing a range of learning choices to meet the diverse needs and learning styles of young people supporting positive educational and social outcomes.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills in the context of relating to work colleagues, young people and parents in a cross-cultural environment. In particular, demonstrated success in building relationships with young people at risk.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in an integrated manner as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Commitment to participate in critical reflection around working together under four principles of operation: Respect, Safe and Legal, Honesty and Participation as a means to resolve conflict, negotiate learning, recognize rights, responsibilities and consequences.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working within QCAA/QCEC/EREA requirements, accountabilities and processes.
- Current Queensland Driver’s Licence.
- Trauma Informed Training
- Previous experience working in flexible learning environments
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Learning a different way to do school
- Free on site parking
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Options for salary packaging
- Enhanced superannuation benefits
- Induction, wellbeing and ongoing professional development
- Free EAP counselling services
Applications close 12:00pm Monday 11 July 2022. To apply for this role please provide the following documents:
- Cover letter addressed to Michelle Kinnane, Acting Principal, Xavier Flexi Schools Network, outlining your suitability and reasons for applying for the position
- Curriculum vitae outlining relevant work history including contact details of at least three referees including your current employer
All applications for this position will be submitted to screening procedures as detailed in the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) legislation and the Education (Queensland College of Teachers) Act 2005. These checks are consistent with Edmund Rice Education Australia’s commitment to the protection of children and young people in their care.