On the traditional lands of the Yugambeh language group, including the Turrbal and Jagera people.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
The Centre Education Programme is a Catholic School in the Edmund Rice tradition. There are 22 Flexible Learning Centres (FLCs) throughout Australia who offer a full-time and multiyear secondary education program for young people who have disengaged from mainstream schooling. Enrolled young people may express a broad range of complex education and social needs and FLCs respond with a variety of flexible and innovative teaching and learning practices including vocational planning and the development of social connectedness.
The purpose of a Flexible Learning Centre is to provide young people with a varied and holistic set of learning experiences supporting them to identify and pursue an individual transition to adulthood, employment, further education and training and social connectedness.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
This continuing position is full-time commencing as soon as can be negotiated and will be required to:
- Plan, prepare and deliver effective learning and teaching programs for young people with learning difficulties and learning gaps. Young people are typically working at a upper primary, middle and senior phases of secondary education.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the FLC’s objectives and planning.
- Contribute to the establishment and maintenance of a supportive school environment.
- Contribute to the accountability processes including, reporting, individual personal learning plans and requirements for NCCD.
- Work in and as part of a multi-disciplinary, inter-disciplinary supportive learning team.
- Please CLICK HERE to read the full position description
- Current QCT Registration (Upper Primary trained advantageous)
- Genuine interest and experience in developing and implementing a range of learning choices to meet the diverse needs and learning styles of young people supporting positive educational and social outcomes.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills in the context of relating to work colleagues, young people and parents in a cross-cultural environment. In particular, demonstrated success in building relationships with young people at risk.
- Proven ability to work autonomously and in an integrated manner as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Commitment to participate in critical reflection around working together under four principles of operation: Respect, Safe and Legal, Honesty and Participation as a means to resolve conflict, negotiate learning, recognize rights, responsibilities and consequences.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of working within QCAA/QCEC/EREA requirements, accountabilities and processes.
- Current Queensland Driver’s Licence.
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment (TAE40116 CERTIFICATE).
- Trauma Informed Training.
- Previous experience working in flexible learning environments.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- Learn how to do school differently
- Free on site parking
- Supportive multi-disciplinary team environment
- Options for salary packaging
- Enhanced superannuation benefits
- Induction, wellbeing and ongoing professional development
- Free EAP counselling services
Applications close 9:00am, Monday 22 August 2022. To apply for this role please provide the following documents:
- Cover letter addressed to Michelle Kinnane, Acting Principal, Xavier Flexi Schools Network, outlining your suitability for this position and reasons for applying for the position
- Curriculum vitae outlining relevant work history including contact details of at least three referees including your current employer
Those applicants successful in obtaining an interview will be contacted.
All applications for this position will be submitted to screening procedures as detailed in the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) legislation and the Education (Queensland College of Teachers) Act 2005. These checks are consistent with Edmund Rice Education Australia’s commitment to the protection of children and young people in their care.