Manager Infrastructure - Roads
- Get away from the hustle and bustle of city life, and enjoy an excellent quality of life in a beautiful Regional Shire!
- Attractive salary package circa $84,831 - $114,643 plus 9.5% super and salary packaging!
- Enjoy relocation assistance, subsidised accommodation & a work/private use vehicle!
About the Opportunity
Walgett Shire Council now has an exciting opportunity for a personable Manager Infrastructure - Roads to join their team in Walgett, NSW, on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the Director of Engineering Technical Services and supervising a small team of technical officers and contractors as required, you will primarily be responsible for managing Road Capital and Maintenance operations to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Road division within established work practices and Council policies.
More specifically, your duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Organising and supervising the construction or maintenance of roads, kerb and channel, footpath drainage and ancillary works undertaken by Council’s day labour and/or contractors;
- Arranging for investigations of complaints or requests from residents regarding relevant infrastructure and organising appropriate remedial action as necessary;
- Ensuring that relevant staff receive all training necessary to complete their work safely and efficiently, arranging for this if required;
- Preparing annual budgets and regularly monitoring financial statements to ensure the works are correctly allocated and expenditure is contained within the budget; and
- Identifying and arranging the purchase of required materials, ensuring quality and cost control.
To be considered for this position you must have demonstrated experience in managing and maintaining infrastructure projects, preferably in roads maintenance, or tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering.
As you will be communicating with a variety of both internal and external stakeholders, your strong interpersonal communication and negotiation skills will be crucial to your success. You will be a confident and effective leader, capable of managing a range of multidisciplinary staff from all walks of life.
You will also need demonstrated practical knowledge of best practice civil construction and maintenance operations, and a proven ability to think strategically, effectively manage resources and work within budgets of approximately $20million.
Finally, you will be a strong team player, with a genuine desire to provide quality works services to the community. You will be confident using and learning a range of computer software, with experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
Please note: You will need a current, unrestricted 'C' Class Australian Driver's Licence and hold or be willing to obtain a Workplace Health and Safety Construction Induction Card (White Card). You will also be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical, including drug screen, and police check.
About the Benefits
This is a rare chance to advance your career with a friendly, supportive council that enjoys great staff retention and a fantastic work culture. You will be joining a passionate, multi-cultural team and receive ongoing professional development opportunities to ensure your career excels.
Walgett Shire Council offers a family friendly workplace, with fantastic working conditions and benefits, including 5 weeks annual leave and flexi-days to ensure a great work/life balance, meaning you'll enjoy a 9 day fortnight!
In recognition of your hard work and dedication you will enjoy an attractive base salary circa $84,831 - $114,643, dependant on your skills and experience, and plus 9.5% super.
You'll also be provided with a mobile phone, laptop, subsidised accomodation, and a work/private use vehicle to help you get settled in town.
You'll be conveniently located in an office on the main street, close to local cafes and shops.
Take the next step in your career and join a supportive team in a fantastic location - Apply Now!
About Walgett Shire Council and the Surrounding Area
Walgett Shire is a local government area on the border of New South Wales and Queensland that provides services to Walgett, Lightning Ridge, Collarenebri and the surrounding rural areas. The Shire covers an area of 22,000 square kilometres and has a population of approximately 6,000.
Found near the junction of the Namoi River and Barwon River, Walgett is a town full of history, tranquillity and adventure. A former paddle-steamer port, it is the northern gateway to the Darling River Run, a fascinating journey that takes in stunning landscapes and rich history.
Just under an hour's drive north, the Lightning Ridge area offers plenty of adventure, history and Outback majesty. From fossicking for opals to admiring art in an underground cave, there's something for everyone in this unique and colourful region include relaxing in naturally-heated springs, fishing on the Barwon or Namoi Rivers, and much more.
For more information about Walgett and the Lightning Ridge area, please click here.