- Do you want to directly make an impact on young people's educational journey?
- Bring your teaching experience to this rewarding opportunity working with a multidisciplinary & supportive workplace
- Attractive remuneration circa $73,000 - $106,000 plus super, excellent support & ongoing professional development opportunities
About EREA Flexi Schools
Edmund Rice Education Australia (EREA) Flexi Schools Networks are a group of 5 networks of flexible learning centres that offer young people an opportunity to reconnect with education in a setting that is inclusive and flexible. With a focus on literacy, numeracy and project-based learning, all programming and learning activities are developed based on young people’s Individual Education Plans which are differentiated based on learning levels and what best supports them to re-engage.
Carnarvon Flexible Learning Program began in 2019 to support young people of the Carnarvon region who have disengaged from mainstream education. It has a current enrolment of approximately 30 young people and looks to expand its enrolment during 2021. The program is an outreach from the Geraldton Flexible Learning Centre, which offers a variety of educational reengagement opportunities for young people. Outdoor education, sport, art and cultural connections are also an integral part of the daily offerings.
About the Opportunity
EREA Central West Flexi Schools Network now has an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Teacher to join the team at Carnarvon Flexible Learning Centre. This is a full-time contract for 2021, with the possibility of extension for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Teacher-in-charge and the Network Principal, this role will see you working across all areas with a focus on implementing teaching strategies that cater to their needs of young people who have disengaged from mainstream education and may have Language, Literacy and Numeracy difficulties, encouraging a learning experience which provides young people with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Collaborating with teachers and youth workers to develop and implement learning plans for each young person that include literacy and numeracy development and indigenous cultural perspectives;
- Supporting young people to access support services such as counselling, health support and community activities;
- Working with the team to develop cultural links, community and family connections which support the engagement and connection of young people to both the FLC and the wider community;
- Collaborating with the team to support a socially inclusive program that responds to the physical, intellectual, social, spiritual and cultural needs of young people; and
- Participating in the daily routines and activities of the FLC, including morning meetings, lunch, bus pick-up and drop-offs, electives, outings and camps.
Please Note: Edmund Rice Education Australia is committed to ensuring the safety, wellbeing and dignity of all children and young people. All applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures. These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures.
To download the full job description, please click here, or, for further enquiries, please contact Mike Francis on 0418 776 854.
To be considered for this position you will need to have:
- at least 3 years’ experience in a diverse Primary or Secondary educational environment,
- relevant tertiary qualifications in Teaching and eligibility for registration with the Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia,
- be eligible for a Working with Children Clearance.
The ideal candidate will be independent and highly organised, with the tenacity and adaptability to support disenfranchised Indigenous young people with the challenges they face. Your ability to cope with rapid change in daily plans and develop individual adjustments and differentiate approaches for individual student needs will be crucial to your success.
A demonstrated experience in integrating wellbeing into your pedagogy and learning programs, in addition to a flexible and patient behaviour management approach is essential.
Most importantly, you will have an experience and understanding of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander young people, with exceptional interpersonal and intercultural communication and negotiation skills that enable you to engage and invest in the community to build trusting relationships.
Please note: This role requires regular travel around Carnarvon, including transporting students, and as such, a Current Unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence is essential, with Light Rigid/Heavy Rigid highly regarded. Licence training will be provided for successful applicants.
About the Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a multidisciplinary and supportive workplace while reaping the incredible rewards that arise from the challenges faced day to day. You will see the direct impact you've made on young people's educational and life journey.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be rewarded with an attractive remuneration circa $73,000 - $106,000 plus super, based on your experience and qualification level (in line with the Roman Catholic Archbishop of Perth Teachers Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2015; Salary Schedule July 2020).
In addition, EREA Central West Flexi Schools Network also provides ongoing professional development opportunities and is dedicated to improving its staff.
Bring your creativity and passion for reuniting young people with educational opportunities to this rewarding career path - Apply Now!
- You will need to provide the contact details of at least two referees, relevant to the position
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are very strongly encouraged to apply
Applications close on Thursday 5 November 2020