Senior Child and Family Services Practitioner (Mental Health Support)
Western Region (Wyndham or Brimbank, VIC)
- Truly make a difference to the lives of children and families in the local community!
- Join a dynamic not-for-profit organisation!
- Salary packaging to maximise your take home pay!
- Flexible hours and TOIL scheme to ensure you achieve a healthy work life balance!
About the Organisation
drummond street services (DS) is a not-for-profit, non-denominational agency that provides family services, mental health and wellbeing support, relationship counselling, parent support and education for families, children and young people that reflect the diversity of the communities across our different locations.
drummond street has over 127 years in the development and delivery of innovative services that strengthens families and communities with a strong focus on evidence-based/informed practice and across the prevention and early intervention spectrum of universal and targeted support.
drummond street has played a crucial role providing specialist support to members of the GLBTIQ community for over thirty years through its Queerspace program.
In addition, drummond street delivers services across the following programs:
- Mental Health programs (Better Access/ATAPS)
- Family Mental Health Support Services
- Family & Relationships Services
- Royal Commission Support Services
- Group Programs
- Parent engagement, education & Support
About the Opportunity
drummond street has a fantastic opportunity for a full-time Senior Child and Family Services Practitioner to join the Family Services team in the Western Region (Wyndham & Brimbank).
Reporting to the Family Services Manager, you'll be responsible for delivery high quality child and family focused prevention and intervention services.
Key responsibilities of this pivotal role include:
- Provide centre based and outreach support to reduce risk and increase protective factors for children, young people, and their families;
- Conduct bio-psycho-social assessments of family-based risk and protective factors associated with child mental health outcomes;
- Utilise evidence-based prevention and early intervention strategies that are holistic and family centred;
- Facilitate psycho-social and skills-based educational and therapeutic groups and seminars;
- Provide high quality supervision to a small number of practitioners; and
- Develop and deliver training to community members, partners and the broader sector.
In addition we are looking for candidates with one or more of the following:
- Eligibility to deliver child ATAPS with full registration as a psychologist or mental health social worker, and experience providing evidence-based psychological interventions to children.
- Strong early years knowledge and experience
- Couples counselling expertise
To qualify, you will hold relevant tertiary qualifications in the fields of social work or psychology as well as a strong working background in the family services and/or mental health sectors.
Working with families and children, you'll have a demonstrated knowledge and application of a range of evidence-based therapeutic approaches as well as experience providing counselling for families. You'll need a knowledge of supporting complex cases such as mental health, family violence and substance abuse issues.
This role is well suited to someone who is organised, client-focused and who can effectively manage tasks and deadlines while maintaining a high degree of self-awareness and professionalism. You will also demonstrate a positive, creative and collaborative approach to the delivery of support services.
As a reflection of our values and mission, we are a non-discriminatory organisation that delivers universal and targeted interventions to families, individuals, adults, children, youth and diverse communities. We are seeking candidates who embody these values and who have particular experience working with diverse communities and families.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to join an organisation that is truly making a difference to the community by promoting well-being for life. Apply Now!
Applications for this position will close 5.00pm Thursday, 7th January 2016.
Click here to see a full position description for this role.
drummond street also have an opportunity for a Family Mental Health Services Manager, for more information please click here.
drummond street also have an opportunity for a Child and Family Practitioner, for more information please click here.