Honiara, Solomon Islands
- Exciting leadership opportunity for a senior Finance Manager in Solomon Islands
- Excellent salary package commensurate with experience, TAX FREE for citizens of most countries, including COLDA and Location Allowance
- Host of additional benefits such as super, insurance, medical, education and rental allowances!
- Make the ultimate sea change and take your career to the next level!
About the Organisation
The Pacific Islands Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA) is an intergovernmental organisation working to strengthen national capacity and regional solidarity so Pacific nations can manage, control, and develop their tuna fisheries now and in the future.
Based in Honiara, Solomon Islands, FFA's 17 member nations are Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Zealand, Niue, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu and Vanuatu.
Since 1979, FFA has facilitated regional cooperation so that all Pacific countries benefit from the sustainable use of tuna – worth over USD $3 billion a year, and important for many people’s livelihoods in the Pacific.
For more information about The Pacific Islands Forum Fisheries Agency please visit their website here.
About the Opportunity
FFA now has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager to join their team in Honiara, in the Solomon Islands, on a full-time basis. This appointment is made on a three-year term and may be renewable at this time.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Services, this is a senior leadership position providing efficient and effective operational, budgetary and strategic management of the Agency's financial resources. You will provide financial management and advice to the Senior Executive and oversee the operation of the Finance Team which includes a Senior Management Accountant and a Senior Financial Accountant.
More specifically, this position encompasses the following responsibilities:
- Leading the development of accounting policies and administering approved FFA accounting procedures in line with International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS);
- Coordinating the development and compilation of the Agency’s annual budgets in collaboration with Divisional Directors and Managers including providing training and technical assistance in the use of the FFA Budgeting software;
- Providing weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports of Output/Divisional budget expenditure;
- Supervising and managing finance and accounting staff including delegation of work, recruitment and performance management for staff; and
- Assisting in the development of the Agency’s Annual Work Programme and Budget including; write up for the section’s contribution to the Statement of Intent and the Annual Report.
To be successful in this position you will have tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Finance, or related field and be registered as a CA or CPA. You will have previous experience in a senior level financial and management accounting role, ideally in-line with the IPSAS; and proven experience leading a team, including the ability to provide training and development as required. Experience working in an Intergovernmental Government Organisations (IGO) or similar public institutions (University faculties, etc.) will be an advantage.
You will have demonstrable hands-on experience in the preparation of financial and statutory reports for audit; preparing annual budgets for an organisation similar in size to FFA; and be confident in your ability to develop and administer financial policies and procedures.
This position requires someone who can manage multiple activities at any given time and the ability to prioritise and delegate workloads as necessary in order to deliver work within tight deadlines. You will have exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to report on financial matter and deliver clear recommendations and advice to senior management.
Please Note: Previous experience living and/or working within a remote or international location will be highly regarded.
About the Benefits
The Pacific Islands Forum Fisheries Agency (FFA) is offering the successful candidate a competitive remuneration package, TAX FREE for citizens of most countries, commensurate with skills and experience.
You will also have superannuation paid at 7.5% into either a nominated fund or as an additional cash supplement. FFA reimburses all reasonable medical, dental, and optical expenses for yourself and dependents. Insurance coverage is also provided for personal accident, life, medical & repatriation.
Education for dependent children will be reimbursed at 75% of tuition fees (Conditions apply). If your dependent child is educated overseas, paid school travel may be available for you or your child to visit each other once a year.
Accommodation assistance is also available.
Additionally, relocation expenses will be paid, with an establishment grant paid on arrival in Honiara. Annual airfares back to your country of repatriation will be provided, and a repatriation allowance of 2 weeks’ base salary on return to home-base at the end of your contract. There is also a retention incentive of 21% of your base salary which will be paid on the completion of your three-year contract.
On top of all this, you will have access to 6 weeks of annual leave each year, giving you plenty of time to explore this stunning part of the world!
Applications close 19 May 2017 at 10pm AEST.
To apply for this role, please complete the questions below and attach your resume.
The full position description can be downloaded here.