Tourism Reservations Officer
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). In addition to running the stadium, AOSMA is responsible for the delivery of a tourism program including Adelaide Oval Tours, the Commonwealth Bank RoofClimb as well as what is believed to be the world’s only fine dining restaurant within a sports stadium – Hill of Grace Restaurant.
AOSMA employs approx. 170 full-time staff, plus 1,600 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of off-site venues including Titanium Security Arena, Ukaria Cultural Centre and Monarto Zoo.
Tourism Reservations Officer
The Tourism Reservations Officer is responsible to promote and arrange reservations across the Adelaide Oval Tourism department including RoofClimb and Adelaide Oval Tours program. This position provides support to Tourism and Customer service teams and coordinates group activities within these programs.
This position is accountable for:
- Managing and coordinating all inbound group and agent reservations for RoofClimb and Adelaide Oval Tours program
- Facilitate agent and group booking enquiries across the Tourism department
- Management of invoicing and account reconciliation for group and agent bookings
- Support to the Customer Service Team at Stadium Concierge
This position requires someone who is highly motivated, customer focused with a proven reservations experience and must have high attention to detail.
The Tourism Reservations Officer will report to the Tourism Coordinator as part of the Commercial team (Tourism) under the General Manager - Operations and Commercial.
- Manage and accurately coordinate all group bookings across the tourism department, liaising with appropriate teams including RoofClimb, AOT, F&E and HoGR.
- Develop a thorough working knowledge of the products and packages offered through the Adelaide Oval Tourism and Education department and wider Adelaide Oval business.
- Facilitate and manage all agent reservations and enquiries across the tourism department with a high degree of accuracy.
- Manage group and agent enquiries across AOT and RoofClimb and assist with the development of bespoke experiences for key clients and agents.
- Providing comprehensive and clear weekly reservation reports for both Group and Agent bookings.
- Assist with the management and maintenance of contracted agent and preferred partner database.
- Coordinate invoicing and payment reconciliation for all Tourism Group and Agent reservations in consultation with the Finance team.
- Assist with the development and implementation of Group tourism based experiences at Adelaide Oval.
- Build and develop relationships with existing corporate and function client base to drive repeat visitation and customer satisfaction.
- Efficient execution and follow through on client requests, managing multiple client details and bookings simultaneously.
- Collaborate with existing sales teams including Corporate, Functions & Events and Hill of Grace Restaurant.
- Support Stadium Concierge Customer Service team with daily lunch hour coverage and Saturday coverage including Tour check-in and general enquiries.
- Cash handling and reconciliation of tills.
- Compliance with the business rules (WHS, RSA, HACCP)
- Achievement of measurable pre-determined internal customer service scores
- Other duties as assigned from time to time
The Tourism Reservations Officer will possess the following:
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate across a broad range of clients
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- High level attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent time management, planning and organisational skills with the ability to deliver services in a flexible and adaptable manner
- Strong administrative skills and accurately handle and reconcile cash and accounts
- A strong commitment to customer service principles and the ability to balance diverse client expectations, interests and requirements with the business
- Ability to work with limited supervision and in a responsible manner
- A sound knowledge of the Tourism industry including global distribution
- Professional and positive mindset with an energetic and positive ‘can do’ attitude
In addition, applicants must understand:
- Tourism industry in South Australia
- Adelaide Oval
The successful applicant must have significant, hands-on customer service and reservation experience.
Relevant tertiary qualifications in Tourism, Marketing or Communications will be highly regarded.
Out of hours and weekend work is a key requirement of this role. This roster will typically work between Tuesday- Saturday.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday September 29th.
An application letter together with a CV can be submitted by completing the below application form.