Reservations Agent, Oval Hotel
Oval Hotel will be the first of its kind in Australia. Wrapping gently around the eastern façade of the historic Adelaide Oval and interfacing seamlessly with the existing structure, each room at Oval Hotel enjoys tranquil parkland surrounds.
As the custodians of Adelaide Oval, we know what it means to create memorable experiences. We do it for sporting fans as they celebrate heroes and witness history. We do it for concert goers who live for the music. We do it for brides and grooms on the most important day of their lives. At Oval Hotel, we are dedicated to creating equally unforgettable moments for our guests. Become part of our team who aim to create exceptional experiences that will become long-lasting memories.
Oval Hotel is part of an expansive organisation that oversees the hospitality services for several off-site venues including, Adelaide Oval, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A)Lure Champagne & Seafood Bar and the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Oval Hotel now has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a highly skilled Reservations Agent to join its pre-opening team.
Reservations Agent, Oval Hotel
Reporting to the Revenue & Reservations Manager - Oval Hotel, you will be responsible for coordinating all restaurant and accommodation reservations for Oval Hotel including assisting guests with individual enquiries and providing assistance to the front office as required.
Your ability to provide an exceptional level of service and attention to detail will ensure that Oval Hotel is best placed to deliver on it's financial returns and market reputation. You will be a courteous communicator with outstanding organisational skills and will be guest service focused. You will have proven abilities to multitask and champion yourself amongst your peers.
To be successful in this position you will have previous experience in a similar position, be well presented, ICT savvy and know the Adelaide Hotel Market well including local attractions and tourism highlights. Previous experience in 5 star Hospitality environments and pre-opening teams will be highly regarded.
- Process reservations for accommodation, restaurant dining & event day bookings.
- Assist with travel itineraries by suggesting local tourist attractions and places of interest.
- Accurately and efficiently process booking payments including any amendments and provide confirmation details to guests
- Process and input all group, FIT and corporate reservations following hotel reservation policy
- Assist in Front Office as and when required, with guest check in and check out during peak periods of activity
- Cross-sell all services and outlets of Oval Hotel & Adelaide Oval, including room upgrades, restaurant bookings and event tickets for eg.
Your skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you must be able to meet or be capable of meeting the following criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications/ and or relevant industry experience in Hotel / Hospitality Management.
- Capacity to handle all daily reservations correspondence including enquiries, no-shows and advance deposits
- Comprehension of Hotel selling status, rates, packages plans, room types, credit & cancellation policies
- Understanding of same day booking cancellations/modifications/penalties
- Exceptional organisational / time management skills and attention to detail
- Outstanding communication & customer service skills
- Passion and drive to go above and beyond
For more information, visit our website: https://www.adelaideoval.com.au/adelaide-oval-hotel/ and here: https://www.ovalhotel.com.au/
Please note that out of hours will be a requirement of this role. This includes nights, weekends, public holidays and Major Event Days at Adelaide Oval.
Applications due by 9am Monday 20 January 2020