Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Hospitality)
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and a significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A)Lure Champagne & Seafood Bar and, the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Marketing & Communications Coordinator (Hospitality Division)
A rare and exciting opportunity exists for an experienced Marketing & Communications Coordinator to join the Hospitality Division.
To be successful in this positions you will need to be confident in driving brand engagement with creativity and business acumen, while establishing strong professional relationships both internally and externally. Experience with advertising and promotional strategies, social media, website maintenance and Google Analytics will be highly regarded and advantageous!
About the role
- Assisting in the development and implementation of the Marketing Strategy for your portfolio.
- Proactively ensure adherence to your portfolio's brand style guidelines.
- Assisting with the development and implementation of advertising and promotional strategies.
- Preparation of publications and external communications, including e-newsletters, EDMs and quarterly agent updates.
- Assist with the maintenance of relevant databases for your portfolio's EDMs and advertising.
- Management of your portfolio's social media strategy to build the online communities (in conjunction with the Communication Coordinator).
- Coordination of division specific websites and product pages on the Adelaide Oval website.
- Liaise with the design team regarding the design of marketing material.
- Coordinate and track the budget expenditure for all business development, marketing, advertising and digital spend across the division, ensuring it is kept in line with the monthly and year to date budget.
- Assist your portfolio with all media and PR activities including proactively sourcing and developing leads to promote all associated activities.
- Report to the Senior Manager on a weekly basis, the tracked results and measured success of current and recently completed campaigns, marketing activities and PR/Media across the portfolio.
- Significant experience in marketing including the creation and delivery of activities in line with the brand’s overall strategic direction. Experience in Hospitality marketing will be advantageous.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Marketing; and/or
- Hands-on experience in a similar role (3+ years).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Wordpress, email marketing applications and social media advertising platforms.
- Experience in Google Analytics will be advantageous.
- Significant experience in marketing including the creation and delivery of activities in line with the brand’s overall strategic direction.
- Exceptional time management skills including the ability to handle multiple and changing priorities.
- Proven customer service skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to demonstrate initiative and innovative thinking.
- Experience in creating and scheduling social media content.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
This is a hands on role, which requires someone who is well-organised, professional, and passionate about driving brand strategy.
Applications close at 12:00pm on Monday, 17 February 2020
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.