Residential Conferencing Sales Coordinator
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose, 50-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and a significant contributor to the State’s tourism cache with the award winning RoofClimb adventure and behind the scenes tours of the stadium.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,800 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees the hospitality services for a number of additional venues including, the recently opened Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink and, the MaltShovel Taphouse.
Residential Conferencing Sales Coordinator (Maternity Leave Contract)
As the Residential Conferencing Sales Coordinator, you will build a portfolio that seeks to drive revenue streams between the Adelaide Oval Stadium and Oval Hotel through accommodation and function room offerings. To be successful in this position you will need to be able to foster engaging client relationships and meet the demands of a high pressure, faced paced environment. This role is pivotal in providing a senior support to the Sales Management Team in delivering residential conferencing and as such the successful candidate will bring a wealth of experience and business acumen, along with a lot of passion for the events industry.
What you'll be doing:
- Managing an extensive annual residential conferencing portfolio, including engaging with clientele and growing your portfolio.
- Building strong client relationships by proactively ensuring end-to-end handling of residential conferencing including undertaking site inspections/meet and greets, client following ups and general maintenance of client accounts.
- Ensuring customer accounts are accurate and ready for delivery through the management of the quotation and contract issue process.
- Responsible for coordination functions including, but not subject to communication to Accommodation team, pre-event staff briefings, operations, finance, and communication leading right up to the event date.
- Liaising with hospitality departments and Central Audio Visual to ensure effective delivery of client needs.
- Coordination of Event Orders, event checklists, floor plans, and feedback surveys post events.
- Maximising revenue with events by considering aspects of set ups and stadium protocols.
- Understanding the impact of sporting & major event dates on Function & Events availability calendar.
- Hands on and efficient sales of all the facilities within the venue, with a solid understanding of the venues targets and budgets
- The introduction and implementation of new and innovative ideas to generate revenue.
- Other duties that assigned from time to time that require event/function coordinator acumen.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an event planning/coordinator role.
- Relevant qualifications in Sales or Event Management and/or Hotel Conferencing.
- Knowledge and passion about Adelaide Oval and Oval Hotel brand.
- Proven ability to successfully coordinate complex events and maximise upselling to clients.
- Excel in coordinating clients and face to face presentation of event concepts.
- Ability to work well under pressure and be a proven high performer.
- Commitment to providing quality customer service and continuous improvement.
- High level of proficiency with MS Office, event management systems (Ungerboeck experience desirable).
- Willingness to travel and driver’s licence required.
Please note that out of hours work will be a requirement of this role. This includes nights, weekends, public holidays.
Applications close at 9:30am on Friday 30 October 2020
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.