Executive Chef - Oval Hotel
Oval Hotel is the first of its kind in Australia. Wrapping gently around the eastern façade of the historic Adelaide Oval and interfacing seamlessly with the existing structure, each room at Oval Hotel enjoys tranquil parkland surrounds.
As the custodians of Adelaide Oval, we know what it means to create memorable experiences. We do it for sporting fans as they celebrate heroes and witness history. We do it for concert goers who live for the music. We do it for brides and grooms on the most important day of their lives. At Oval Hotel, we are dedicated to creating equally unforgettable moments for our guests. Become part of our team who aim to create exceptional experiences that will become long-lasting memories.
Executive Chef - Oval Hotel (Full-Time)
Reporting to the General Manager - Oval Hotel, you will be responsible for overseeing the food service operations for the Oval Hotel including Five Regions Restaurant, Bespoke Wine Bar & Kitchen and; the Stadium Club (on major event days), plus 24-hour Room Service. Your ability to celebrate seasonal degustation in Five Regions Restaurant and contemporary dining options in Bespoke Wine Bar & Kitchen, will be reflective of your creative culinary skills that showcase the depth and variety of local SA produce.
As the Executive Chef you will play an integral role in the kitchen team and the successful applicant must have proven hands on experience in a busy venue that thrives on providing exceptional food, all while having the leadership capability to manage a dynamic kitchen brigade. To help lead the way at Oval Hotel, you will need to be a modern, creative and contemporary chef with an ability to showcase your passion for delicious local SA produce.
What you'll be doing:
- Consistently delivering exceptional food experiences for our guests.
- Planning and coordination of food operation in consultation with other department managers.
- Driving the profitable delivery of all food services of Oval Hotel and Stadium Club.
- Recruiting, developing and leading your culinary team (including apprentices).
- Managing stock control, ordering and menu preparation.
- Providing operational and hands on support to the Kitchen Brigade.
- Working with the Kitchen team on the implementation of new and innovative menus.
- Ensuring the correct use of inventory control systems, purchasing and delivery of supplies through supply options, suppliers, product quality, cost levels and contract negotiations.
- Personal compliance of AOSMA responsibilities within Responsible Service of Alcohol, WHS, HACCP and other house policies.
Your skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications combined with previous experience in a similar role in a hotel or restaurant environment.
- Have demonstrated people management capabilities with the natural passion and desire to coach, mentor, grow and lead a diverse team.
- Ability to work with senior management.
- Ability to maintain high workloads and meet deadlines within specified time frames while remaining effective under pressure.
- Extensive experience in the Hospitality industry, preferably within a significant restaurant, five star or casino environment.
- Experience in managing kitchen brigades.
- Experience in major event and public catering.
- An understanding of implementing menu and restaurant packages.
Applications close at 12pm Monday, 12 January 2021.
Please note that applications from agencies will not be considered at this time.
To be eligible to apply for this role you must be legally permitted to work in Australia.