Adelaide Oval, SA
Adelaide Oval has long been one of Australia’s most recognisable and prestigious venues. Its prominent location as the centrepiece of the Adelaide CBD’s revitalised riverbank precinct, along with stunning panoramic views over the city, the Oval’s hallowed turf, St Peter’s Cathedral and beyond, makes Adelaide Oval an outstanding destination.
The Adelaide Oval Stadium Management Authority (AOSMA) is the organisation responsible for the management of the redeveloped Adelaide Oval precinct and is a joint venture between football (South Australian National Football League) and cricket (South Australian Cricket Association). The Oval, a world-class, multi-purpose 53-thousand seat stadium is Adelaide’s number one tourism destination attracting over 1.8 million visitors each year and is a significant contributor to the State’s tourism assets with the award winning RoofClimb and Stadium tours.
AOSMA employs approximately 180 full-time staff, plus 1,500 casual employees, in roles including operations, customer service, chefs, cooks, supervisors, baristas, bar and functions staff and stores attendants, making Adelaide Oval one of the state’s largest employers in the hospitality and tourism sectors.
As well as managing a busy function and event business at Adelaide Oval, AOSMA also oversees a number of additional venues including, Oval Hotel, Ukaria Cultural Centre, Monarto Zoo, Koffee Ink, (A)Lure and, the Malt Shovel Taphouse.
Adelaide Oval are seeking multiple experienced Kitchen Stewards to join our fun and professional Kitchen Brigade in both Permanent Part Time and Casual roles. Kitchen Stewards provide back of house support to the Kitchen Team and perform integral back of house duties including; cleaning dishes and maintaining the cleanliness of kitchens and kitchen equipment.
- Take advantage of the opportunity to work a variety of major events.
- Learn a range of new skills and work alongside Australia's leading Hospitality professionals.
- Adhering to all AOSMA policies and procedures; including WHS and HACCP.
- Cleaning large volumes of dishes for an extended period using both manual and commercial dishwashing equipment.
- Cleaning and sanitising all food storage areas, floors, cool rooms, freezers, ovens and other equipment.
- Transferring/allocating and organising other equipment around the Stadium.
- Maintaining cleaning schedules; daily, monthly and quarterly cleaning checklists.
- Responsible for the safe removal of rubbish and recycling of both wet and dry kitchen waste to designated areas.
- Applying commercial chemicals correctly.
To be successful you will have:
- Previous experience in a similar role (eg// Kitchen Hand or Dish Washer).
- A strong work ethic and a passion for the Hospitality industry.
- Ability to maintain high workloads and meet deadlines within specified time frames.
- Fun can do attitude coupled with excellent communication and listening skills.
- Punctuality and reliability.
- Flexibility to work over a 7-day roster, including nights.
- RSA and Food Hygiene/Food Safety qualifications are desirable.