Service Coordinator- HCP and CHSP
About the business
Australian Regional and Remote Community Services (ARRCS) is a not-for-profit aged care and community service provider that was established in July 2014. ARRCS operate residential aged care facilities and community care support programs within communities across the Northern Territory including Darwin, Alice Springs, Katherine, Tennant Creek, Mutitjulu and Docker River.
ARRCS is a service group of Uniting Care Queensland – the health and community service provider of the Uniting Church, and is supported by Blue Care – also part of Uniting Care Queensland and one of Australia's leading residential and community aged care providers in Australia.
With over 750 staff across the Northern Territory, we are a true community partner and our team members live our values of Compassion, Justice, Respect, Working Together, and Leading through Learning.
About the role
ARRCS Community Care in Katherine, provides in-home care support for elderly people in the Katherine Region. We provide a range of services to the community that include meals, personal hygiene, clinical care services, medication assistance, social interaction and respite options.
We now have a permanent part-time opportunity for a Service Coordinator for HCP & CHSP programs to join our dedicated team Community Care Team. This role will be 3 days per week and the specific days and shift times can be negotiated with the successful applicant. This position will be responsible for assisting the Service Manager and working collaboratively with other team members to effectively plan, coordinate, administer, evaluate and report on the HCP & CHSP programs to ensure it meets identified client needs and standards of quality care.
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Aged Care/ Social Welfare/ Human Service/ Nursing/ Health Discipline and professional body registration.
- Demonstrated broad experience in service delivery and quality systems in either the aged, community, disability
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislative frameworks, standards and government funding requirements and guidelines.
- Demonstrated experience leading, managing and problem solving.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and written communication skills, including intermediate computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suites and Databases utilised).
- Demonstrated application of understanding and respect for Indigenous cultural matters
- Demonstrated understanding of continuous quality improvement principles.
- Experience working within and leading a team.
- Must have a current National Police Check, OCHRE card and NT Drivers’ License or a willingness to obtain prior to commencing
Benefits and perks
As ARRCS is a Not for Profit organisation, we have great benefits including;
- CBB Salary Packaging - Tax-free money to pay debts such as Rent & Mortgage
- 17.5% leave loading
- 6 weeks annual leave
- Wellness & Employee Support Services
Experience working in a remote location and with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people will be highly regarded.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are strongly encouraged to apply.
If relocating, an additional benefit available - Territory Incentive
The Northern Territory provides relocation assistance for those people who meet the High Priority Occupation list and eligibility requirements. For a single, this can be a $3000 additional benefit, more for families. Take a look online https://theterritory.com.au/live/register