Civil Construction Apprenticeship
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter;
- Copies of any relevant Certificates and Qualifications (if applicable).
Please note: You will need to provide your response to the Selection Criteria (SC) as part of your application. Please have your responses to the SC (outlined below) ready to go as you will not be able to "save" your application to complete at a later time.
Closing date: Friday, 29 November 2019 at 11:30 p.m.
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: Council is offering a Full Time Apprenticeship opportunity within the Alpha and Jericho District. This is an exciting opportunity to gain work experience and be supported through a structured training program over a fixed term Training Contract to gain a Certificate III in Civil Construction Plant Operations. This is an entry level position and suitable for individuals with limited work experience and limited qualifications. A genuine interest in civil construction and maintenance is essential.
Location: This position is based in Alpha.
Classification Level: Order - Apprentice's' and Trainees' wages and Conditions (Excluding Certain Queensland Government Entities) 2003 and Barcaldine Regional Council Certified Agreement 2018
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 76 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off every fortnight
Leave: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% loading. Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Superannuation: Council will pay superannuation contributions on your behalf to a complying Superannuation Fund, based on 9.5% of salary for the first 12 months. After 12 months of continuous employment with Council, it is compulsory for employees to contribute 6% of salary. At this time, Council’s contribution will increase to 12% in accord with the Local Government Act 2009 and Local Government Regulation 2012.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successfully perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and ability to undertake a range of construction and maintenance activities under general supervision;
- Demonstrated a basic understanding, or ability to acquire knowledge of the basic requirements of civil construction and maintenance and plant/machinery operation;
- Demonstrated the ability to provide friendly and professional customer service to internal and external clients;
- Demonstrated basic written and verbal communication skills and sound interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated a positive attitude and the ability to cooperatively work in a team environment;
- Demonstrated an understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment.
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction; and
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your answers to the SC above ready to go. (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'
- You will then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more Information please contact Regional HR Officer, Ms Lenny Trueman on 07 4651 5614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org