Venue Hire & Event Coordinator
- Client-focused and commercial thinker with proven events experience.
- Permanent full-time role – 35 hours per week.
- Flexible work arrangements available, including an optional 9-day fortnight.
Located 160km north of Sydney, Newcastle is New South Wales’ second largest city, and offers the perfect lifestyle and career environment.
Our City is thriving and rapidly transforming. In recent years Newcastle has experienced a significant increase in development activity, with the 2017-18 Financial Year seeing building approvals top $1.2 billion.
City of Newcastle (CN) is seeking a client-focused and commercially minded Venue Hire & Event Coordinator to act as the principal contact and liaison for all clients using Newcastle Venues function spaces.
In this role you will manage all aspects of client engagement, with a focus on providing a high-quality client experience throughout the event booking, planning and delivery process.
You will advise clients on event conceptualisation, including detailing operational, technical, food, beverage, marketing, and audio-visual services, to ensure the best possible outcome for clients and a smooth service experience.
Additionally, with a focus on continuous improvement, you will seek and monitor client feedback and will oversee the financial and operational management of all bookings.
At CN our people are valued and have access to a range of benefits that help balance life at work and at home. These include flexible working arrangements, professional development opportunities and health and wellbeing programs.
To be successful in this job you will have:
- Substantial experience in a similar role for a venue-based functions and events business, or equivalent in conference planning/delivery, tourism, hospitality or similar area.
- Substantial financial administration experience.
- Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a range of stakeholders, and to interact effectively and comfortably with colleagues, clients, suppliers and event attendees.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and contribute fully to a team by securing, assessing and distributing critical operational information in a timely, clear, concise and reliable way.
- Demonstrated excellent organisational skills with a strong emphasis on time management, financial accountability and flexibility to adjust and adapt workload to meet competing priorities.
- Experience in budgeting, cost control, and expense recovery.
- Experience in using event software (preferably Ungerboeck) and documentation management systems for the purposes of managing events, including taking bookings, invoicing and financial management and resource allocation.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
- Tertiary qualification in conference, tourism, function, venue, hotel, entertainment or live performance management.
- Outdoor event delivery experience.
- Qualifications in financial control or business skills.
- High level sales skills training.
Sound like the perfect job for you? Apply Now!
City of Newcastle proudly promotes the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and fosters a culture of diversity to represent the community of our Local Government Area.
All candidates will be assessed against the selection criteria outlined in the position description. Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future identical positions for a period of 12 months.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
To view the full position description please click here.
Application Closing Date: 20 October 2019.
Remuneration: $70,202 + 9.5% Superannuation per annum for a 35 hour week.
Contact: Chelsea Hunt – Coordinator Newcastle Venues – 02 4974 2352.