- Role based in the Pilbara
- Join one of Australia's fastest growing privately owned companies
- Fast paced and rewarding role
Duratec is a solutions-based contractor specialising in the protection and remediation of steel and concrete structures, and with ten branches across Australia, we are one of the country’s fastest growing privately owned companies. Our highly skilled personnel have many years’ experience in the industry and we promote an open and honest culture where we are proud to offer our clients best practice methodologies and material selection to maximise the life of their assets.
Due to an ever growing portfolio of awarded contracts within the commercial, industrial and defence sectors, we are currently seeking an experienced HSE Advisor to join our growing North West Operations Team. Reporting to the Area Manager you will be primarily responsible for the overall management of HSE compliance with management system policies, management plans and procedures in this stand alone role based on site in Karratha on a FIFO basis from Perth on a 3:1 roster.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the delivery of effective leadership on HSE matters across the project
- Coach, guide and advise the project team to ensure continued development of HSE capability and awareness
- Ensure the management of incidents, accidents, injuries, return to work and workers compensation claim are maintained in a timely manner
- Support the HSE Management team with internal and external system audits
- Co-ordinate and provide local HSE training
- Carry out site inspections
- Participate in pre-start meetings and toolbox meetings
- Assist in the development of Safe Work Methods Statements and Risk Assessments
- Assist in other Project Delivery Team duties as required
- Liaise with the head office HSE team as and when required
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Health & Safety or similar discipline
- Possess a minimum of 4 years' experience in a similar role preferably experience working within the remedial maintenance industry
- Excellent oral and written communication with the ability to liaise with personnel at all levels
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously using their own initiative
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong team player with the ability to multi task and work to strict deadlines
- Current Drivers Licence
JOIN A REWARDING CULTURE
We are currently undergoing a period of rapid growth and are seeking motivated, highly organised individuals with strong interpersonal skills to join our project delivery and support teams. Our fast paced and supportive working environment will provide you with a wide range of employee benefits including the ongoing opportunity for career progression and development. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Health and Safety professional looking to take the next step in their career!
- Career Development
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Work-Life Balance
- Mentoring by Industry leaders
- Rewarding and Supportive Culture
HOW TO APPLY
If you are ready to take the next step in your career and are passionate about joining a fast and growing company then we want to hear from you!! To apply please click on Apply and complete the online application form.
**NO AGENCY CONTACT AT THIS TIME**