FP&A Manager - New Zealand
Emergent Cold has established its initial presence in Australia and Asia through the acquisition of Swire Cold Storage Australia and Vietnam in December 2017. Emergent Cold is led by an experienced US based executive team with the Australasian head-quarters based in Melbourne.
We have created a new role in New Zealand as the FP&A Manager - New Zealand (Financial Planning & Analysis) located in Timaru.
Reporting to the Finance Lead in New Zealand, with a dotted reporting line to the Director of FP&A, Asia Pacific (based in Sydney, Australia), the role will be responsible for identifying, understanding and communicating to the New Zealand Leadership team the key financial and non-financial drivers of value creation and how the Company can leverage those to achieve desired outcomes.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design and implement systems and processes that enable successful reporting in line with Asia Pacific requirements
- Design and develop working collateral that add value through leveraging financial modelling, analytics, profitability insights, KPIs, metrics, benchmarking and commentaries at micro and macro business levels
- Collaborate with local/global Finance and operational teams to identify and realise synergies in reporting frameworks
- Scope, develop and validate business case modelling to support growth projects including M&As, new developments, expansions etc.
- Engage with Operational and Finance Leaders in driving a structured budget process
- Set up forecasting methods/processes
- Ownership of Long Range Plan, including supporting the M&A (mergers and acquisition) team, effectively managing the integrity and efficient linkages of information and resultant impacts from forward looking predictions, including financing mixes, WACC forecasts, growth initiatives, M&A etc.
- Establish and maintain standardised pricing models to inform on appropriate selling prices based on complex multi variable commercial offerings
- Review customer profitability analysis for new and existing customers across the network
- Represent the broader Finance team to key stakeholders as a trusted point of contact for business insights and analysis
- Participate and take lead roles in projects including new IT implementations and development
Skills and experience include:
- 10+ years working experience, with a minimum of 3 years in an FP&A, Commercial or Analytics related role
- Business degree with CA or CPA qualifications
- Supply chain logistics industry experience is advantageous
- Prior experience or exposure to medium to large multi country roles
- Prior experience or exposure to business expansions, mergers and acquisitions
- Prior experience and exposure to analytics, advanced modelling skills
- Ability to seamlessly move between micro and macro view when understanding and explaining complex issues
- Ability to work with large sets of data to produce meaningful, easy to understand, relevant information that adds value to key stakeholders
- Ability to imagine, create and implement new methods, reports, analysis and insights
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Excel and data capabilities
- Ability to travel locally in country and abroad
We are a growing business that is focused on realising its vision through integrating acquisitions and new development in emerging and developed markets.
To apply, please provide a copy of your resume to Maria Lam, HR Business Partner.