Food Services Assistant
- Work with an organisation committed to social justice
- Wintringham promotes ongoing training and professional excellence
- Not-For-Profit Salary Packaging available
- Higher than award wages
- Part Time (30 hours p/week)
- Based in Avondale Heights (VIC)
Who are we?
Wintringham is a specialist not-for-profit company providing an extensive range of aged care, housing and related support services to elderly men and women who come from a homeless background. With annual revenue of $51 million, we employ over 600 staff and operate from multiple offices in Melbourne and regional Victoria. Located in Avondale Heights, our Food Services Production Kitchen prepares delicious and nutritious meals for our residential sites and community care meals program.
Your new role
Wintringham is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Food Services Assistant to join our close-knit Food Services Team on a part time basis. In this dynamic and fast-paced role, you will be required to work Monday to Friday (6 hours a day).
Your responsibilities and duties will include:
- Assist with the preparation, cooking, delivery and service of appetising nutritious meals for residents and staff.
- Assists the Food Services Team to ensure to that the food services program complies with the food safety act.
- Transport meals to other Wintringham facilities
- Ensure all meals produced are of a good visual and nutritional standard in quantities appropriate with resident’s needs.
- Ensure all special diets are correct in content.
- Assist in the development, review and maintenance of standard recipes for each menu item.
To be successful in this role, you will possess:
- A current Food Handlers certificate
- Prior Food Services experience in Aged or Community Care (preferable)
- Strong organisaitonal and time management skills
- Ability to work within a team as well as autonomously
- Adaptability to changes in the environment.
How to apply
For more information about the role you can download a copy of the Position Description by clicking the ‘PD’ link here. Applications can be directed to Mark Lorenzi (HR Officer) and submitted by filling out the required information below.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Thursday 12th September 2019
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Records & Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme check
“Wintringham is an Equal Opportunity employer and embraces differences in gender, diversity, ethnicity, race cultural background, ability, religion and sexual orientation. We are committed to the safety of our older persons and have zero tolerance for elder abuse.
We acknowledge the first peoples of Australia and their unique role in our history and society and encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for advertised positions. We recognise the benefits that diversity and inclusion contribute to help Wintringham achieve our goals and vision of ending homelessness.”