VACANCY VIC - FULL TIME Therapeutic Specialist (Foster Care)
Ref: KAVICMB2 - Melbourne, Victoria
DO YOU CARE AS MUCH ABOUT CHILDREN & YOUNG PEOPLE AS WE DO?
Careers That Make a Difference!
Key Assets Victoria is a dynamic, not-for-profit agency which provides high quality and innovative foster care placements for children and young people high and complex needs. We are looking for a Therapeutic Specialist – Program Lead to be part of our team providing therapeutic foster care.
We currently require the following :
Therapeutic Specialist – Program Lead
We are seeking a Therapeutic Specialist to be the Program Lead for Key Assets in the West Division. You will provide line management, supervision, support and training to Social Workers, Foster Carers and Support Workers to ensure high quality practice implementation and delivery of the Enhanced Home Based Care (EHBC) program. You will be part of a vibrant, energetic, and highly professional team committed to making a positive and lasting difference to the lives of children and young people. We are also very supportive and welcoming – this is a great place to work!
The successful candidate will
- have experience of working with children and young people in care and/or those who care for them
- be able to work systemically and with complex kinship and professional networks
- hold a recognised relevant qualification in Clinical Psychology, systemic psychotherapy, family therapy, Clinical Social Work, and be registered or eligible for registration with a recognised body
- have a good knowledge of the impact of trauma on children and of attachment theory
- Possess excellent organisational, communication and report writing skills
- Have experience of facilitating groups and carrying out broad based assessments drawing upon contemporary theory and research
Again, you must be suitably qualified having obtained a recognised relevant qualification in Clinical Psychology, systemic psychotherapy, family therapy, Clinical Social Work, and be registered or eligible for registration with a recognised body
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Working with Children Check and a National and/or International Police Check prior to commencement.
Link to Position Description: Therapeutic Specialist - Program Lead
For a private and confidential conversation regarding this opportunity, please call Michelle Baker on (03) 9566 7800
Key Assets reserves the right to interview suitable candidates before the closing date.
Closing Date: 31st May 2017 at 5.00 pm - NOW EXTENDED to the 11th June 2017
Link to Position Description : Will be available from the 15th May