VACANCY VIC - Team Manager (Foster Care Social Work)
Ref: KAVICMB8 - Clayton, VIC
TEAM MANAGER SOCIAL WORK (FOSTER CARE) - FULL TIME
** Application located at the bottom of this page **
Key Assets The Children’s Services Provider
- An evolving service provider, Australia wide
- Committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive workforce, AWEI Employer of Choice for 2015 & 2016, AWEI Gold Employer Award for 2017 and finalist for the Australian HR Awards 2017
- We provide therapeutic practice support to families and the vulnerable children and young people in their care
- Full time, office based in Clayton, 3168
Key Assets – The Children's Services Provider is a dynamic not-for-profit community service organisation providing high quality, innovative out of home family and community based placements for children and young people with varying needs and behaviours. Since 2007 our unique service has grown respect across 6 states within Australia and within the North and South Islands of New Zealand.
We are now seeking a dynamic and creative individual to be a Team Manager within the Key Assets Social Work Service in our Victoria office.
About the role, as the TEAM MANAGER you will take a leadership role in the team and provide appropriate levels of line management, supervision, support and training to Social Workers to ensure that high quality practice is an achievable aim for all Social Workers in line with Key Assets and the group’s Vision and Values
Key Components of the role:
- To take a high profile and leadership role in the staff structure and provide appropriate levels of line management, supervision, support and training to the Supervising Social Workers to ensure that high quality practice is an achievable aim for all Social Workers in line with Key Assets and the group’s Vision and Values.
- Show clear leadership within the social work team and work in close liaison with the Director and Recruitment/Placements Manager.
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge, skills and expertise in Social Work practice
- Ensure that Social Work Practice in relation to quality assurance and best practice is maintained in all cases and at all times
Experience and Skills Required
- To demonstrate expertise and commitment to a growing team and the service you will provide
- Bring high energy, enthusiasm and a passion for the role
- Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a qualified social worker in a children and family setting of which preferably two years working directly with foster carers and children placed with them.
- Show evidence of leadership and supervisory experience
- Have a strong ability to build sustainable relationships with all stakeholders
- Must have a comprehensive working knowledge of all relevant legislation pertaining to children’s services and of all policies and procedures in relation to Safeguarding children
- You will continue to develop effective partnerships with the Department of Health and Human Services as well as developing networks within the sector and with other local community service providers and provide Social Work guidance and support to the team and Foster Carers.
- Salary Packaging options
- Superannuation at 9.5%,
- On going supervision and professional development
- Motor vehicle,
- and mobile phone and laptop.
If you feel as strongly as we do, that all children deserve to have access to quality family placements then this is the challenge for you.
For a private conversation regarding this exciting opportunity, please call Lisa Ranahan on 0439 915 641
Position Description Link : VIC Team Manager
(KEY ASSETS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO INTERVIEW SUITABLE INDIVIDUALS PRIOR TO THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS CAMPAIGN, THIS CAMPAIGN MAY ALSO BE EXTENDED FURTHER)
Guideline closing date: 18th Feb 2018 (extended from previous closing date)
KEY ASSETS THE CHILDREN’S SERVICES PROVIDER is committed to building a culturally diverse workforce and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and minority groups are encouraged to apply.
** GENERAL DISCLOSURE STATEMENTS **
CLOSURE DATE: Vacancy Applications close as per the date provided in the advert details / Website vacancy page. These dates may also be extended if suitable applicants are not found. EOI Applications will remain open for individuals to lodge interest in working for our organisation. These are monitored periodically for talent pooling and suitable persons will be contacted by HR or our management team.
Key Assets reserve the right to commence the interview process prior to the campaign closing date. Campaigns may also be extended at any time.
CANDIDATE FEEDBACK: Due to the large number of Vacancy Applications and EOI's received, Key Assets declines to provide individual candidate feedback at APPLICATION STAGE, due to volumes. There may also be times when feedback is not provided, also due to volumes of posts advertised. Key Assets apologies in advanced.
ELIGIBILTY (for AUS and or NZ Vacancies): To be eligible for consideration you must be either an Australian/ New Zealand Citizen /Resident residing within the country of the advertised position at the time of application. For overseas applicants you will hold an appropriate Australian or New Zealand work visa with no restrictions on working within the country. It is preferred that you be in the country at the time of application to be available for our interview process however for suitably experienced and qualified applicants interview alternatives may be arranged.
HOURS: 'Casual' - Hours are needs based. Hours are also not consistent / regular. Full Time 37.5 hrs/wk flexibility required due to travel (as you will work within the community)
COMMENCEMENT: Occurs when all statutory and personal checks have been satisfactorily completed. Departmental checks may take up to 28 business days to process which can cause delays in commencement.