Village General Manager
We are proud to lead the way in reshaping the seniors’ living industry and employ individuals based on delivering this vision, along with those who share our core values of Love, Decency & Kindness.
Our company culture is world class with our quarterly staff engagement surveys tracking at 4.45/5. 100% of LDK employees surveyed said they would recommend LDK to a friend.
We are seeking a passionate, experienced and driven Village General Manager to oversee the overall operations of our exclusive Greenway Views Village. Greenway Views is our first purpose-built LDK Seniors’ Living® village in Canberra, situated in Greenway, Tuggeranong. It has been designed to 5-star standard, with the needs of our residents in mind.
As Village General Manager you will work with and develop the village team to provide exceptional 5-star resident service, continually exceeding the highest possible standards whilst overseeing the smooth running of the village operations. The multi-disciplinary eam you will supervise are leaders in their industry, who bring to the village a combination of high level, professional, global and local experience.
You will be an outstanding communicator and have highly developed organisational and communication skills, being able to thrive within a high-pressured and dynamic environment.
As VGM you must be a real team player, whilst being able to adapt and take charge in a variety of situations. You will have the highest attention to detail, whilst maximising all opportunities to provide 5-star service to our residents, and training your team to deliver the same.
About the Role
The Village General Manager is a senior leadership role that is responsible for delivery of services to the residents and the operations of the village. Your genuine ability to connect with our residents is a key requirement of the role, together with the ability to understand and empathise with the needs and desires of senior Australians, including those requiring higher levels of care such as dementia and palliative care services.
Specifically, you will lead the Care, Maintenance and Hospitality teams, ensuring service standards are upheld in accordance to budget and LDK’s strategic planning objectives. Your management of the Village operations will ensure our compliance with the Retirement Villages Act, Aged Care Act and Aged Care Standards.
Your leadership will support the sales process to ensure occupancy rates are optimised and achieved in this elegantly appointed village, which is on track to become Australia’s largest seniors’ living community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Health or Hospitality, or significant experience deemed equivalent.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to mentor and motivate staff.
- Alignment to a values-based organisation.
- Demonstrated financial planning and budgeting experience.
- Experience in working in a service environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of the needs of senior Australians.
- Working knowledge of retirement village legislation desirable.
- Experience in office administration leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and promote an inclusive environment.
- Advanced computer skills, with the ability to use and learn multiple platforms and systems.
- Commitment to quality and safety leadership and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and develop employees.
- Conflict resolution and time management skills.
If you are passionate about contributing to the LDK community and believe this is the opportunity for you, apply now including your CV and Cover Letter.
For further information about LDK Seniors’ Living, visit our website at https://ldk.com.au/
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a Police Clearance and have a flu vaccination up to date.