Brisbane - Eight Mile Plains
- Leading high needs disability organisation
- Opportunities for growth
- Supportive skilled team
Operating for almost 60 years, Multicap is one of the most highly regarded disability service providers in Queensland and Northern New South Wales offering, individual and group activities, supported employment, short-term accommodation (respite), social support and much more. Our sole purpose is to ensure that the quality of life of people living with disability and their families is enhanced by our support.
At Multicap we believe everyone deserves to live life to the full. Our highly skilled and diverse team of over 1100 skilled professionals are dedicated to helping our customers get the most out of life.
With each new home, social experience, activity, community hub and job, Multicap is an organisation that is here for our customers in all ways, always.
About the role
Our Employee Experience team is entering an exciting time of growth as such we have an amazing opportunity for a professional and motivated Work, Health and Safety (WHS) Advisor to join our team. In this role you will get to sink your teeth in to providing health and safety advice across the organisation while maintaining best practice and contemporary approaches to WHS. In addition you will also;
- Assist leaders and employees to ensure our WHS procedures and work instructions are adhered to.
- Analyse incident management data through reporting to identify and report trends.
- Ensure compliance to NDIS Quality & Safeguards Framework through conducting internal audits.
- Assist with investigation of significant WHS hazards and incidents.
- Identify health and safety training needs
- Provide education and advice to staff on all aspects of Incident Management.
To meet the needs of our business you will bring with you relevant tertiary qualifications and have significant experience in the same or similar role. You will also have;
- High level communications skills, including verbal and written.
- Strong ability to influence stakeholders and leaders.
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to manage prioritise and workloads.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to hold or be willing to obtain a positive notice from Disability Services (Yellow Card), Working with Children Check (Blue card), National Criminal History check, Driver’s License and will need to complete the NDIS Worker Orientation Module (link to complete https://training.ndiscommission.gov.au)
The position will close on 17th January 2020. Please ensure you attach a resume and cover letter detailing why you would be a great addition to the Multicap team!
To find out more visit www.multicap.org.au