ICT Development Officer
ICT Development Officer
- Work for a leading Disability Support Provider
- Onsite parking
- $55k including super + salary sacrifice options
We are seeking a customer focused and responsive ICT Development Officer to join our ICT Team at our Head Office in Eight Mile Plains. This is a Full-Time, Fixed-Term role for 3 months.
As the ICT Development Officer, you will be responsible for assisting in the development of new and existing integrations, applications, and data reporting required by Multicap. You will also assist in improving the productivity of the organization and automate process, while continually improving existing systems.
Your new role will include:
- Build reporting, applications and integrations as per initial scoping
- Investigate data sources
- Test, document and deliver, including handover to BAU
- Training BAU in the use of developed applications
- Participation in project planning discussions
- Ongoing maintenance and redevelopment as required
- Recommend improvements and opportunities regarding ICT development
- Other delegated tasks as required from time to time
- Previous experience working in an ICT area (desirable)
- Knowledge in a variety of programming languages
- Experience working with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
- Exposure to Microsoft .NET development using C#
- Experience working with Microsoft SQL Databases and Scripts (desirable)
- Experience in report development using SSRS or Crystal Reporting (desirable)
The successful applicant will have:
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Time management skills
- Problem solving skills
- Effective communication skills - both written and verbal
- High attention to detail and desire to probe further into data
- Ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues
- Understanding of software solutions and their application in a large organization including extensive knowledge of the MS Office suite of products and technical knowledge of database structure
- Ability to work independently exercising initiative and judgement to carry out daily tasks
- A positive attitude toward people with disabilities and the willingness to work within Multicap’s Values & Code of Conduct in order to meet our customer’s needs
Apply by 22 March 2019 to be considered for this newly created role. Please ensure that you attach a cover letter detailing why you would be a great candidate for this role and also your resume (preferably PDF format).
Please note the successful applicant will be required to hold a current Blue (Working with Children) and Yellow (Positive Notice) Card, or be willing to obtain one.
About our organisation
Founded in 1962, Multicap has over 55 years’ experience in providing assistance to people with disabilities, specialising in high and complex needs. Started by six families who believed in the multiple capabilities of their children, Multicap became champion of possibly for people with a disability and their families all over Queensland. Today, Multicap is a community of possibility for more than 1200 people and their families and provides tailored assistance to individual needs and goals. To find out more visit www.multicap.org.au.