|Job Type||Full Time - Permanent|
|Package||Senior Executive Officer Salary|
|Position Description||Manager Infrastructure|
At NGSC, our aim is to always be innovative and engaging for our community - and we need like-minded people to join us! We operate on a Google platform, have implemented Activity Based Working, and where possible use cloud-based systems. This improves efficiency and allows our employees to undertake their roles effectively whether in the office or in the community.
About this role
The Infrastructure Manager provides quality and timely engineering services to the Northern Grampians Shire Council. This position has responsibility for working with the Director Infrastructure in:
- Developing, reviewing, and implementing Councils asset management plans and strategies
- Coordinating, monitoring and project managing Council’s Capital Works Program
- Managing design and engineering services
- Developing and implementing relevant plans and procedures, and providing technical advice on a range of engineering matters
- Managing major projects and contracts
- Managing and providing leadership to the Infrastructure team
- Develop, review, and implement Councils asset management plans and strategies.
- Provide high level advice to senior management on service and whole of life asset management.
- Report to the Executive Leadership Team and Council on matters relevant to asset management.
Capital Works Planning
- Coordinate, monitor and project manage Council’s Capital Works Program within budgetary, quality and time constraints.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual five year capital Works Program.
- Administer the annual Capital Works Program budget.
- Make recommendations for referral to the Capital Works Program.
- Provide advice and assistance on capital works budgeting.
- Prepare and coordinate business cases for inclusion in the Capital Works Program.
Road, Traffic & Transport
- Develop and implement engineering programs and strategies for roads, traffic and transport.
- Monitor, review and implement the Road Management Plan, and fulfil a range of delegated functions under the Road Management Act and other associated legislation.
- Develop, manage and present public consultations.
- Manage consultants and contractors in the implementation of projects.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting for grants and programs including Roads to Recovery, Local Roads to Market, Vic Roads and other programs.
- Develop and implement Civil Engineering strategies, plans, policy and technical standards.
- Provide advice and counsel to Councillors and senior managers on engineering matters including service delivery.
- Pre-plan large design projects on the 5 year construction program.
- Identify emerging trends in engineering practices and implement improved processes, procedures and protocols.
- Establish the priorities for the Engineering function.
- Devise community consultation processes for the Engineering matters.
- Represent Council at forums, deputations, tribunals and public meetings.
- Develop and coordinate grant applications for external funds for provision of physical infrastructure.
Management of Infrastructure Department
- Lead and motivate a dedicated staff team working on infrastructure for the Shire.
- Develop and maintain the team’s business plans, budgets and related reports.
- Work collaboratively with other staff within the Infrastructure Directorate and the broader organisation, to achieve a sustainable infrastructure development program.
- Perform, as directed, other duties that are within the limits of the incumbents’ skill, competence and training.
- Tertiary qualifications in the fields of Civil Engineering, Project Management or related discipline.
- Extensive experience in program development, planning and policy formulation and implementation in infrastructure development.
- Substantial experience in project management.
- Leadership skills with the ability to provide management, effective communication and appropriate resources to a team of professional service providers.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development and the development of processes and systems to support the operations of the Department.
How to apply
- Download and read the position description.
- Attach a cover letter, resume and separate document addressing the full 'selection criteria' (outlined in the position description).
- Submit your application by following the process on this page.
If you'd like to know more contact Stephanie Burns, People and Culture Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5358 8700.
Applications close 12.00pm Monday 27th January 2020
Northern Grampians Shire Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer