Counsellor - Generalist
Anglicare SQ - Mental Health & Wellbeing - Brisbane North, QLD
About the Position
Our Mental Health & Wellbeing team are passionate, professional and productive. We work together delivering a range of services that support families, children and individuals and contribute to building stronger, more resilient communities, including the Family & Relationships program which provides counselling and support to individuals and couples to increase wellbeing and enrich relationships. We are currently looking for a Counsellor - Generalist to join our Strathpine-based team on a part time Parental Leave contract until October 2018.
The purpose of this position is to work across the Family and Relationship service as a Counsellor, working with families and children, especially those who are vulnerable and disadvantaged. The services provided include counselling; support; information, education and referral; group work and community development.
Having a background in generalist case management and counselling across Youth and Families, and a good understanding of child-focused and all-of-family frameworks, you will also offer:
- Ability to administer and interpret outcomes-based assessments
- Facilitation of both group and individual counselling, and provision of support services using evidence based frameworks
- Proven abilities in intervention strategies, data collection methods, planning and goal development
- A dedication to work collaboratively with internal and external agencies and groups to manage risk and provide the best outcomes possible
- Participation in continuous improvement objectives and maintaining current awareness of legislative requirements and practice standards
A highly effective communicator, you will engage quickly and effectively with a range of people, and bring these attributes:
- Maturity and emotional resilience and able to self-care effectively
- A calm, professional approach with the use initiative & sound judgement in decision making
- Demonstrated organisational and self-management skills with the ability to prioritise your own workload whilst working within a team environment
- Excellent communication skills and a sound understanding of group dynamics
Your degree in Psychology, Social Work or similar field will be underpinned by further post graduate study in a related field; and the following requirements:
- A current Queensland Driver Licence and your own reliable vehicle
- National Police Certificate
- Current Blue Card (Working with Children) with Yellow Card exemption
- Eligibility for, or current membership with AASW or similar professional association
What We Offer
Anglicare is committed to building a highly skilled workforce, assisted by a dedicated management team. We support our staff with learning and development initiatives, an employee benefits program and progressive human resources management strategies, and are recognised as a leading employer in the non-profit sector. You will also enjoy:
- The capacity to increase your take home pay with full PBI salary packaging options
- A chance to work close to home and make a difference in your local community
- A fixed term contract with part time hours
- The opportunity to join a highly regarded service operating in Queensland for over 25 years
- Strong management and leadership structure in a rewarding and safe workplace that promotes excellence
Show Your Interest
Apply now and be rewarded with a position that directly and positively influences the quality of life for our clients; working with an organisation that values your professional contribution and personal well-being. People of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island heritage are strongly encouraged to apply.
JOB NUMBER S3399
For further information please contact
Marie Steinmetz on 07 3028 4600
Applications close Sunday 6th May 2018
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete a Pre-Employment Assessment that requires disclosure of pre-existing injuries, illnesses or conditions that could reasonably be aggravated by performing the duties of this position.
Every day the passionate staff and volunteers of Anglicare Southern Queensland are working to respond to growing community demand for our services. For over 140 years our staff have connected with people on every step of their life path, responding with compassion, creativity, commitment and courage to the needs of the members of our community who require support.
Whether it is providing nursing care and domestic assistance in the home, physiotherapy to enable the return of mobility, emergency accommodation for victims of domestic violence, working with foster carers in the care of vulnerable children, a safe caring environment for the elderly, skills training for young unemployed people or parental education and counselling, Anglicare is here, to offer the best quality support to enable you to live the life that you want.
Anglicare has a workforce of over 2500 people in Queensland across residential aged care, community care and a range of social services programs and is a proud member of the Anglicare Australia network. We provide the support in partnership with government and other support organisations in response to identified care needs throughout Southeast Queensland.