General Cashier - Part Time
- Brisbane's finest 5 Star Hotel
- Beautiful location on the Brisbane River
- Excellent team environment and career opportunities
Perfectly located on the banks of the river and a stones throw to the Botanic Gardens, the Stamford Plaza is Brisbane’s finest 5 Star luxury Hotel and the flagship for Stamford Hotels & Resorts. Our unique location is second to none in the Brisbane market, with all 252-guest rooms featuring stunning river views. Additionally, the Hotel houses eight magnificent function rooms used to hold an array of Corporate, Special Events & Weddings and hosts a variety of busy food and beverage outlets. To find out more about us and to see what we have to offer please visit our website: www.stamford.com.au/spb.
About the Role
We are currently looking for a top performing General Cashier to join our busy team of professionals in the Finance Department on a part time basis (25 hours per week). You will be responsible for receiving and consolidating all cash and checks to prepare for the daily bank deposit in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, consolidate and maintain records of all cash and check receipts and transactions
- Prepare daily bank deposits and General Cashier Summary.
- Prepare due-backs for and inventory daily deposits from cashiers.
- Monitor foreign currency bank rates daily to ensure that hotel rates are appropriate.
- Exchange foreign currency with banks and calculate profit for hotel.
- Prepare required reports
- Ensure sufficient funds are available for daily hotel operation and provide change to hotel staff according to established procedures and standards
- Will conduct periodic and/or monthly audits of cashier banks including Floats count and Surprise Check.
- Prepare tips for all outlets.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned
- Work on projects as needed
- Covering in area of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Stores as needed for following tasks but not limited to :
- Inputting of food and beverage invoices into the inventory system
- Month end physical stock takes on all stores and outlets.
- Bank Statement Reconciliation for deposit received
- Payment allocation and post in Opera
- Invoices interface in Opera and email to clients
Skills and Experience
- Qualifications in Accounting/Finance is highly desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role from a Hotel background would be highly regarded
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Extremely high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills with guests, management and team members
Culture and Benefits
Our 'Knight's Head' Logo is conceived from our founder Sir Stamford's family crest and symbolises the core values that unify all members of our company. We believe our people are our greatest asset and we therefore strive to reward, retain and develop passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. As a team member with us you can expect to receive;
- Food & beverage discounts in all F&B outlets within the Hotels
- Discounted accommodation throughout Stamford Hotels & Resorts
- Subsidised Staff meals
- Subsidised Dry Cleaning
How to Apply
If you believe you have the drive, skills and experience to succeed in this role please click the 'Apply Now' button to be re-directed to our website http://www.stamford.com.au/careers/job-vacancies where you can complete our application.
You must be an Australian Resident to apply or have Visa Rights to work in Australia.
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. If you do not hear from us please assume that you have been unsuccessful at this stage. We will however keep your details on file for other suitable positions that may arise in the next 3 months.
Stamford Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.