Project Coordinator - Retail Fit-Outs
WHSmith is looking for a motivated and proactive Project Coordinator to join our office in Woolloomooloo.
- Great Opportunity to join a growing business
- Providing support to the design and construction manager
- Manage your own minor projects!
- Exciting and progressive working environment
About the Company:
WHSmith is an historic, much loved international retailer that operates stores in an array of fast paced, dynamic environments including airports, train stations, hospitals, universities, and shopping centres.
About the Role:
We are looking for a Project Coordinator to join us on this journey for a six-month period commencing January 2020, with the potential to extend. This role will provide additional support to the Project Manager during a busy time with multiple new store openings and new builds occurring at the same time. The organisational culture is one that places a high focus on collaboration, hard work and innovation. The successful candidate will have a high standard of work and drive themselves and their colleagues to a common goal of success.
The Project Coordinator role partners the Project Team to provide administrative, operational and organisational support on new store builds and refurbishment projects.
- Assisting in coordinating new store builds, refurbishment and minor works projects
- Procurement of fixtures and equipment, including liaising with suppliers over price, product and orders
- Prepare and lodge Permit applications
- Track and document project costs
- Creating and maintaining Project Trackers
- Agendas and minute taking
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders including suppliers, landlords, and internal departments to efficiently plan and deliver works in Stores
Skills & Experience:
- Relevant work experience in a retail project or interior fit-outs role
- Exposure to Airport retail will be highly regarded
- Experience with reviewing designs and technical details will be highly regarded
- Excellent organisation, time management and planning skills
- Excellent MS Office skills including a sound working knowledge of Excel
- High level of numeracy
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong commercial skills and market interpretation
- Engaging, influencing and strong negotiation skills
This position will suit someone with a solutions focused attitude, excellent problem solving skills and the ability to think laterally.
If you are motivated to make a move in your career and interested in working in a growing, fast paced and dynamic business then we would love to hear from you!
Interested? Please click the "Apply" button to start your application.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.