Employee Relations and Payroll Lead
- Unique leadership opportunity for an experienced HR Professional
- Support an organisation paving the way for growth and sustainability in the capital of the Northern Territory
- Enjoy an attractive remuneration package circa $98,206 to $108,000 negotiable on experience plus super!
About the Organisation
Make a difference and choose us for your next career move! Our Vision is ‘Darwin 2030 - City for People. City of Colour’. By 2030 we will be even bigger and better and will be known as a vibrant, creative, innovative, connected, healthy and environmentally responsible city.
We work with the community and partners, providing leadership and delivering services that create opportunities to enhance the economic, cultural and environmental sustainability of Darwin.
About the Opportunity
City of Darwin now has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Employee Relations and Payroll Lead to join their team in Darwin.
Reporting to the Manager of HR Services, in this pivotal role you will ensure high quality, compliant and best practice industrial relations advisory and payroll services are delivered to City of Darwin internal stakeholders.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Effectively lead and supervise the payroll team (2) and associated functions to ensure timely and accurate payment of staff wages and entitlements;
- Take the lead as a subject matter expert in relation to industrial matters pertaining to the Enterprise Agreement and the Fair Work Act;
- Ensure consistent system review and contribute to the improvement of Payroll systems and HRIS capacity;
- Monitor and report on the performance of the payroll team service delivery, payroll and IR associated metrics and any other relevant reporting required for the section;
- Proactively assist with addressing potential breaches of industrial instruments or statutory entitlements and prevent industrial disputes;
- Assist with the preparation of responses to industrial disputes/claims and represent the employer as required; and
- Take an active role in the negotiation, implementation and maintenance of the Enterprise Agreement.
To view the full position description, please click here.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated minimum 5 years experience in a HR function with an industrial relations focus. A relevant tertiary qualification in Business or Human Resource Management will be highly regarded however is not essential.
As an established HR professional, you'll be customer service driven, with a demonstrated ability to drive change through the transition of the existing payroll function, to a more systematic payroll process. Whilst your knowledge of payroll is an important aspect to the role, the ability to analyse a high volume of data to be successful and natural talent with systems will be integral to your success.
You will also need to display strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to interact with a diverse group of people, collaborate with teams and develop positive working relationships with colleagues.
This role is varied in nature, as such you will have strong organisational and prioritisation skills that will enable you to manage several projects at once.
Please note: Successful applicants must consent to a National Police Records Check and hold a Current C Class Drivers License.
About the Benefits
City of Darwin is proud to employ a diverse and multi-cultural team.
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive an excellent base salary from $98,206 to $108,000, commensurate with experience plus super.
In addition, you will enjoy additional leave benefits including 6 weeks annual leave and 15 days personal/carers leave per annum.
You will be joining a culture that is dedicated to helping you succeed. Ongoing training and professional development is available, and flexible working arrangements are negotiable to ensure that you maintain a great work-life balance.
This is a truly rewarding opportunity to support an organisation contributing to the growth and expansion of Darwin - Apply Now!